Congratulations for taking the first step to become a HACC student! We are excited to help you through the process to make it as simple as possible for you. You are considered a first-time student if you have never attended HACC or another college.
If you have any questions along the way, please feel free to contact an admissions counselor at the campus where you plan to attend.
To get started with your enrollment to the College, please follow the steps below.
Please mail the information to:
HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College
Central Enrollment Services, H122
One HACC Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110-2999
Within five to seven business days after applying to HACC, you will receive a letter from your campus admissions counselor welcoming you to HACC. Once you receive it, please:
- Log in to myHACC, our online student portal, using the user ID and password provided in the letter.
- Activate your HACC email address (HAWKMail account) using the temporary password. We use this email address to communicate to you.
- Reset your password for myHACC.
- Review your program of study and the term in which you are starting.
Placement testing is an assessment to determine course eligibility and ensure that you can enroll in the best-fit classes. We offer helpful tips to help you prepare for the placement test.
Exemptions may be applicable through SAT testing, ACT testing or prior college coursework. To determine if you are exempt from the placement testing, please submit your SAT, ACT or prior college coursework to your admission counselor.
If you are not exempt, please visit a campus during walk-in hours or call 800-ABC-HACC to schedule an appointment. Select your campus when prompted. Select option four (4) for placement testing.
Remember: Photo ID is required at time of testing.
After you complete the placement test, you will register for new student orientation. During the orientation, you will discuss your program, review your placement scores and register online for classes.
If you are exempt from the placement test, please contact your campus Welcome Center to register for an upcoming new student orientation.
- Log in to my.hacc.edu and click on “Student Success Resources” box to view your academic standing and advisor information.
- Use the contact information listed to schedule an appointment with your advisor.
- Meet with your advisor to select your classes and determine if you need an advising code to register for classes.
- Log in to my.hacc.edu, click the “Registration/Records” tab and “Check my Registration Status and View Schedules” in the “Registration and Veteran Information” menu.
- Click on “Prepare for Registration” and choose your registration term to view your student and academic status and to determine if there are any holds on your account.
- Return to the Registration Home page by clicking on “Banner Self-Service” tab.
- Click on “Register/Add/Drop” classes to search for classes, build your schedule and register (Add advising code if necessary).
Please pay your tuition and fees by the due date. You can pay online or at your campus Welcome Center. Residency and school district sponsorships are available.