Future students header

First-time student, you found YOUR place at HACC! You are considered a first-time student if you have never attended HACC or another college. What’s next?

We are excited to help you enroll for a credit program and make it as simple as possible for you. To get started with your enrollment of a credit program, please follow the steps below.

If you are interested in noncredit, continuing education and/or job training, please visit the Continuing Education and Job Training page.



Apply for Admissions - Computer redPlease:

  1. Create an account online
  2. Apply to HACC online

Apply for financial aid piggy bankFinancial aid can cover your HACC tuition and fees! Many HACC students receive financial aid.

HACC encourages all students to complete the FAFSA to determine eligibility. You don’t know until you try!


  1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid® (FAFSA) form to determine if you are eligible for financial aid.
  2. Use HACC's school code: 003273
  3. Contact financialaid@hacc.edu if you need assistance completing your form.
  4. Visit hacc.edu/Paying for more information.

If you already submitted your FAFSA for the academic year, please make sure HACC’s school code is included.

Submit your transcripts - greenIf you have graduated high school within the past 10 years, the College can use your high school or GED transcript to assess whether you need to complete placement testing


  1. Note that all transcripts must be provided in English.
  2. Use one of these resources (pdf) to translate your transcript to English, if applicable.
  3. Contact the high school from which you graduated to request your transcript or provide your own copy.
  4. Submit a high school or GED transcript to admissionsrecords@hacc.edu.
  5. Submit an official high school transcript If you are planning a program of study in pre-health professions.
  6. Submit official transcripts from a previous college to record@hacc.edu, if applicable.

If you have graduated high school more than 10 years ago, a transcript is not required except for the following:

  • It is required that future students submit a high school transcript to help with meeting science prerequisites. Any major that includes the following courses requires the submission of an official high school transcript: BIOL 101, BIOL 121, BIOL 221 and/or CHEM 101.
  • If you are planning a program of study in pre-health professions, an official high school transcript must be submitted.


  • Note that all transcripts must be provided in English.
  • Use one of these resources (pdf) to translate your transcript to English, if applicable.
  • Note that any student intending to use financial aid at HACC must provide proof of high school completion. To learn more, please visit this FAQs document.

For questions, please call 717-780-2513 or email orientation@hacc.edu

Activate - Mouse red Please:

  1. Check your email address used to complete your application to receive HACC’s acceptance email.
  2. Use the directions in your acceptance email to activate your account.
  3. Activate your student email (HAWKMail).
  4. Log in to your myHACC student account to receive ongoing updates from the College through your HAWKMail.

For questions, please email start@hacc.edu or call 800-ABC-HACC and request to speak to the Admissions Department.



View Transcript (pdf)

Check your Hawkmail - Email blue

We want to ensure that you have the necessary skills to succeed in college-level courses and help you make a successful transition to college. 

To do this, you may need to take a math and/or English placement test. Placement testing is an assessment to determine class eligibility and ensure that you can enroll in the classes best for you.


  1. Review our FAQs and tips to help you prepare for the placement test.
  2. Check your HAWKMail for an email prompting you to complete placement testing online.

If you are interested in studying English for academic purposes, including English as a Second Language, please email OneStopWC@hacc.edu to schedule an appointment for placement testing.

Schedule NSO - Calendar greenPlease check your HAWKMail for information about registering for your mandatory New Student Orientation (NSO).

For questions, please call 717-780-2513 or email orientation@hacc.edu.

Connect with an advisor - Talk Questions redAfter you complete placement testing, if applicable, and attend New Student Orientation, you’ll meet with an academic advisor to review your placement test results and register for classes. This is required because you will receive your advising code for registration.

Please visit our website to find a drop-in time that works best with your schedule.

Register for Classes - pointing phone blueAfter you meet with an academic advisor and receive your advising code, please log in to your myHACC account to register for classes. During your meeting, you will receive guidance on how to register.

Pay your bill - Dollar sign greenThe tuition and fees must be paid by the deadline for your enrollment to be complete.

To pay your tuition, you may submit payment online through your myHACC portal.

Helpful information and resources include:

If you applied for financial aid, please check your HAWKMail and myHACC accounts frequently for updates. We will share any requirements that need to be fulfilled for financial aid award processing.

Please contact financialaid@hacc.edu with any questions.


Purchase your textbooks - redYou’re almost ready! Now, it’s time to purchase your books online or at your campus bookstore for your first day.

Success! class room blueWhether you’re taking classes at any of HACC’s five campuses or online, we’re here to support you every step of the way. For additional student supports, please visit hacc.edu/Students.