What is the Office of Inclusion and Diversity?
At HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, we value inclusion and diversity as integral to the educational success and continued professional growth of each of our approximately 19,000 students and 2,000 employees. The Office of Inclusion and Diversity oversees the College’s efforts to forge ahead in the development of a common goal to cultivate relationships that blur the lines of difference. Our increasingly diverse College is committed to ensuring an environment where each individual – and the groups that each identifies with – is treated with dignity, civility, respect and support.
Diversity encapsulates race, gender, orientation, identity, ability, age, socio-economic status, ethnicity, or any combination of these and more. HACC is a place where each person belongs and is affirmed as a valued member of the college community. Therefore, we will remain vigilant to infuse culture, a sense of community and a lifelong commitment to a pursuit of cultural competence in every aspect of the College.
Please explore these web pages, the offerings of YOUR favorite community college, and the cultural and intercultural engagement taking place. Here you will find information on myriad programs, services and resources related to inclusion and diversity at HACC. Among the resources are:
- Who in the Office of Inclusion and Diversity should I contact?
- Statement from John J. “Ski” Sygielski, Ed.D., MBA, president and CEO of HACC - HACC: Uniting Against Racial Injustice
- Statement from the Faculty Senate Cabinet of HACC - Black Lives Matter Statement
- Student Access Services serves students needing accommodations for disabilities. Employees who need accommodations should contact the Office of Human Resources.
- Strategic plan, 2019-22 Strategic Plan - One College, Uniting for Success
- Fund for Inclusive Excellence, one of several funds for excellence designed to allow the College to stay on the cutting-edge of innovation
HACC hosts numerous inclusion and diversity-related events, including presentations, panel discussions, performances and trainings. Please visit the College calendar for more information.