Last updated: May 12, 2022
In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19), at HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, the health and safety of our students, employees and visitors are a top priority.
- For the latest information on the spread of the new coronavirus, please refer to reliable sources, such as:
- For information about the new coronavirus and your learning and work at HACC, please see our frequently asked questions. (pdf)
- To prevent infections from the coronavirus, please follow WHO recommendations.
- To receive free alerts regarding possible closings or delays, please sign up for e2Campus, HACC’s collegewide alert system.
If you have questions about what HACC is doing to help keep our students, employees and visitors healthy and you do not see the answer on this webpage, please submit the online form below.
From March 23, 2020, to date, HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, has been notified of the numbers of students and/or employees who have tested positive for COVID-19 (coronavirus) at the following campuses:
|Total Number of Reported Cases
(Jan. 1, 2022, to Date)
|Total Number of Reported Cases
(Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2021)
Total Number of Reported Cases
All individuals who had direct contact with any of these people (on a HACC campus) have been contacted.
Students and employees who test positive for COVID-19 must immediately (regardless of vaccination status) notify the College by completing this online form.
HACC is guided by the following commitments:
- Providing a learning environment where safety is a top priority for all members of the HACC community, and monitoring best practices and recommendations from the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Providing learning for all, learning for life in a financially sustainable manner.
Although we cannot control COVID-19 and how it spreads or guarantee safety from it, we will continue to do our part to help maintain student, employee and building safety by following protocols and monitoring CDC recommendations.
Our students face numerous challenges regularly. The coronavirus has required many students to adapt while facing more distractions than ever. Please listen to our students and employees share their experiences and how we’re getting through this pandemic #HACCtogether.
To share YOUR #HACCtogether story, please visit hacc.edu/HACCtogether.
HACC is proud to announce that we are doing our part to help our students and community through these challenging times.
Please read about our HACC Heroes who have selflessly helped our students, employees and community throughout the pandemic.
The pandemic has resulted in unexpected and catastrophic changes to our lives. Members of our community are losing jobs, homes and businesses. Others are considering career changes when this is all over.
HACC can help!
- HACC offers a variety of programs to help individuals return to the workforce.
- The HACC Foundation offers students an opportunity to apply for FREE money to help pay for books, tuition and/or fees. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships to learn more.
- Current students who have extraordinary financial circumstances can apply for monies from the HACC Foundation emergency assistance funds.
- HACC placed information about external resources prominently on its website homepage. Students who need assistance with food, housing and other necessities can easily access these resources.
The HACC Foundation has implemented both short-term and long-term solutions to help our students and community in need.
Our funds for excellence help us implement transformative and impactful initiatives that have a direct impact on our students and community:
- Fund for Excellence for CARE – We want to help students minimize their hardships – such as food insecurity, housing insecurity and financial crises – so that they can focus on their studies and become productive members of our community.
- Fund for Excellence for Health Care – We want to ensure that Central Pennsylvania has no shortage of qualified healthcare professionals.
- Fund for Excellence for Workforce Development – We can help individuals return to the workforce quickly.
HACC has decided to refrain from aggressively raising funds during the global pandemic. However, in response to those supporters who have asked how they can assist our students, please visit hacc.edu/GiveNow to make your tax-deductible contribution today. Please also consider gifting all or part of your stimulus check to support HACC students in need.