Pre-Health Professions: Associate in Science (AS) (3150)
Are you interested in pursuing a career in human or animal medicine, dentistry or chiropractic care?
Our Pre-Health Professions Program is designed to provide you the first two years of pre-health coursework so that you can transfer your credits to a four-year school and pursue your studies in a health-related field.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
The opportunities in the workforce will vary depending on the direction you choose for your bachelor’s degree. Our program will allow you to transfer your credits and pursue a bachelor’s degree in one of the following specializations:
- Chiropractic care
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Physician’s assistant
- Veterinary medicine
This program could be perfect for you if you:
- Want to pursue your bachelor’s degree in a related healthcare field
- Are committed to helping others
- Have strong communication skills and excel in math and science
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
As described above, our program is designed for those who want to pursue a career in the medical field. You will gain the specialized knowledge you need to continue your education at a four-year school. By completing our program, you will be able to:
- Transfer with the skills required for success in a Baccalaureate degree program in the sciences
- Discuss and apply scientific principles and concepts
- Apply the scientific method to solve scientific problems
- Demonstrate communication of results both orally and through written reports
- Examine and apply a broad understanding of the political, social, environmental, economic and cultural systems of the world
- Illustrate how to interact in a multi-cultural or cross-cultural environment
- Apply the principles of research, organization and delivery for the preparation and presentation of speeches
- Demonstrate critical reading and critical thinking skills by integrating the ideas of others through the analysis and synthesis of information
What classes will I take?
- View the Pre-Professional Health Careers Advising Sheet - OT (pdf)
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
- View the Pre-Professional Health Careers Advising Sheet - Med/Dent (pdf)
- View the Pre-Professional Health Careers Advising Sheet - PT (pdf)
- View the Pre-Professional Health Careers Advising Sheet - Pharm (pdf)
- View the Pre-Professional Health Careers Advising Sheet - Vet (pdf)
- View the Pre-Professional Health Careers Advising Sheet - PA (pdf)
- View the Pre-Professional Health Careers Advising Sheet - SLP (pdf)
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Absolutely! Our Pre-Health Professions Program is designed to help you seamlessly transfer your credits to a four-year school with no loss of credits. It is important that you select a four-year school as soon as possible because each individual school has its own unique program requirements. Knowing these requirements will help you select the proper courses at HACC.
Your transfer options include:
|Sherman College of Chiropractic:||Pre-Health Professions into Pre-Chiropractic (pdf)
|Slippery Rock University of PA:||Pre-Health Professions into Public Health (pdf)
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Thanks to the HACC Foundation, scholarships are available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships to learn how you can apply.
When can I apply?
You can enroll in the spring, summer and fall. To apply anytime, visit our website. When you submit your application, please include the unique program code 3150. By including this code, you will apply to the correct program.
How can I learn more?
If you want to earn an advanced degree in a healthcare field, we can help you get there. For more information about enrolling in this program, please contact an admissions counselor or contact Melinda Eash, health and public service department chair.