Commencement and Graduation
Send an email to Commencement office
Spring 2023 Commencement Details
ATTN: Spring and Summer 2023 eligible graduating students!
FOUR easy STEPS to take before Graduation...
|1.||Apply to graduate
*Important to submit by March 1 to receive Commencement invite and have your name listed in program
|2.||Check Hawkmail for Commencement Invite||March 20|
|3.||R.S.V.P. to attend Commencement||April 24|
|4.||Attend Commencement at Giant Center, Hershey, PA.||May 9|
Graduating Student To-Do List
SAVE THE DATE for Spring 2023 Commencement Ceremony
May 9, 2023 at 6 p.m.
550 Hersheypark Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
To apply to be a Commencement student speaker or singer for “America the Beautiful”, complete application by March 1.
Commencement Student Singer Application
Commencement Speaker Application
Commencement is a time to celebrate our graduating students and their academic accomplishments. HACC holds two Commencement ceremonies a year. One in May and December.
Students who have applied to graduate by the deadline, will receive a Commencement ceremony invitation via email in Hawkmail.
Earning a degree is a significant academic milestone and accomplishment.
Tips below to assist in YOUR final preparations:
- Schedule a meeting with your academic advisor. Submit your application to graduate with the Registrar’s office at the beginning of the semester if you plan to finish your degree. For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Obtain approval of transfer credits before completing them to ensure they meet degree requirements. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Review your account with One Stop Welcome Center for any outstanding financial obligations. Any unpaid charges may delay receipt of your diploma and/or official transcript .
HACC holds fall and spring Commencement ceremonies.
Students may participate in the fall Commencement ceremony if they are eligible to graduate in the fall semester.
Students may participate in the spring Commencement ceremony if they are eligible to graduate in the spring or summer semesters.
The ceremony you attend depends on when you complete your last class and graduation application.
There are two options to fill out the graduation application.
1. Log in to YOUR myHACC account and select “Apply to Graduate” on the Student tab.
2. Submit an Application for Graduation (pdf) to the Registrar's Office by mail, email or fax:
Mail: Registrar’s Office
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College
One HACC Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110-2999
Apply to Graduate
- Upon receipt of this application, your records will be reviewed and you will be notified whether or not you are eligible to graduate by the expected graduation date indicated. If you do not receive notification within two weeks, please call the Registrar's Office at 717-780-2373.
- All diplomas are mailed to students upon completion of all requirements of the requested program. (May take up to four weeks.)
- For immediate verification upon confirmation of your degree, you may request an official transcript. The cost of an official transcript is $6. Transcripts being sent to another institution may be requested through Transcript Request.
Please apply to graduate by the following dates to ensure your name is included in the Commencement program book:
|Fall Commencement ceremony||Spring Commencement ceremony|
|Oct. 1||March 1|
Students who are graduating in the fall semester will receive Commencement information in October. You will receive a final confirmation email in late November.
Students who are graduating in the spring semester will receive Commencement information in mid-March. You will receive a final confirmation in late April.
Students who are interested in serving as student speaker at their Commencement ceremony should do the following:
- Apply to be the student speaker. The application can be found under “Commencement Information” on the Student tab of myHACC.
- Compose a three-minute speech for the review of a faculty committee.
The chosen student speaker will be contacted with additional information.
Regalia & HACC Commencement Gear: You can purchase YOUR cap, gown, and other Commencement gear from HACC's bookstore.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK): PTK members can purchase graduation stoles and other accessories at the PTK store.
HACC will mail your diploma upon completion of the requested program when final grades are posted for the appropriate semester.
|Expected graduation||When you will receive YOUR diploma|
Please note this process may take up to four weeks.
To get immediate verification of your degree completion, please request an official transcript. Your unofficial transcript will also indicate your degree award.
When you graduate, you join the network of 95,000 fellow alumni across the globe as part of the HACC Alumni Association! There is no charge to join, and your membership begins upon graduation. You may purchase a $25 Alumni College Card annual membership to receive special benefits. For more information, please visit YOUR HACC Alumni Association online.
For questions related to HACC’s Commencement ceremonies, please contact Commencement@hacc.edu.
Learn more about our spring 2022 Commencement ceremony.
Learn more about our fall 2021 Commencement ceremony.
Learn more about our spring 2021 virtual Commencement ceremony.
Learn more about our fall 2020 virtual Commencement ceremony.
Learn more about our spring 2020 Commencement ceremony.