New Student Orientation
Congratulations on your acceptance to HACC! We are excited you have chosen HACC for your education. An important part of your educational journey is New Student Orientation. If you are pursuing an online degree and need access to online orientation, please visit myHACC and locate orientation under "Advising."
To prepare for New Student Orientation (NSO), please see this digital guide (pdf).
Part of your NSO experience is learning about HACC Technology. Please view the Technology Guide for Students (pdf) for more information.
HACC has multiple portals and online resources:
- www.hacc.edu –HACC's official website
- MyHACC —the portal to HACCWeb, D2L, HAWKMail and others.
- HACCWeb —Use HACCWeb to register and pay for classes. You can check grades and financial aid. You can also order transcripts.
- Desire2Learn (D2L) —Reference our online course system for virtual and blended courses. Many face-to-face courses use D2L.
- HAWKMail —Students can access HACC's official email. Share registration information, academic status and more. Please reference Tutorial: Accessing HAWKmail (pdf) and Tutorial: Forwarding HAWKmail (pdf) for instructions.
- e2Campus —This is a voluntary official system. HACC uses it to share important information with students.
You will also learn about student privacy rights.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects student educational records. HACC cannot share student information without written consent. Information includes financial aid, advising and grade details. Find more information about FERPA.
Please complete aStudent Information Release Form (FERPA) (pdf) if you would like any of this information released.