Welcome to HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College! YOUR New Student Orientation Unit is here to help you start or continue your educational journey. New Student Orientation programs are a mandatory part of your enrollment process. Not attending an orientation could impact or delay your enrollment process. Shortly after activating your myHACC account, you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule an orientation and complete any required placement test(s). This email is sent to your HAWKMail account.
Our programs are specifically designed and implemented in order to prepare you, the student, to transition into and through college, acquiring the skills and knowledge requisite for YOUR success and completion.
We are excited to offer in-person and remote orientations to suit your schedule! Dates, times, and campuses vary. Please check your HAWKMail for more information and to register for an orientation.
If you need assistance with orientation or any part of your enrollment process, please contact us through the following channels:
What is New Student Orientation?
YOUR New Student Orientation (NSO) is a 1.5 – 2 hour session designed to help you make a successful transition to college. This session will include:
- Important resources and tips to navigate HACC technologies (pdf)
- Information on HACC Policies and YOUR Student Rights
- HACC Student Resources and Services
- Directions to help you register for your first-semester classes and move on to the next part of your enrollment process
- Important information on financial aid
If you need disability-related accommodations for your orientation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least five days before your scheduled orientation date.
Finally, as a HACC student, you have access to the Orientation Homebase, which is a one-stop location to access need-to-know information about being a student at HACC, links to essential services and resources, and contact information for HACC offices.
In-Person Orientation Dates:
Dates are subject to change and require pre-registration. Check your HAWKMail for more information and to register.
- Lancaster – Main 227
- Aug. 16: 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Lebanon – Room 310
- Aug. 23: 5 p.m.
- York - CYTEC 101
- Aug. 30: 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Remote via Zoom Dates:
New Student Orientation (NSO): For students who need to complete placement testing:
- Mondays: 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Thursdays: 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Aug. 19: 10 a.m.
- Aug. 26: 10 a.m.
- Sept. 2: 10 a.m.
- Aug. 13: 10 a.m.
- Aug. 20: 10 a.m.
In order to gain the most out of your New Student Orientation, it is important that you complete these important steps first:
- Check your HAWKMail account daily for important updates from HACC
- Complete your FAFSA to learn about help to pay for school
- Complete your Placement Testing Requirements
- Log into Navigate to review your new student checklist
- Get familiar with Zoom features using our Tips and Tricks, or watch Zoom video tutorials
After attending or completing your online New Student Orientation, you will be ready to:
- What if I cannot attend a live-Zoom orientation?
- We understand you have a busy life. All HACC students have access to the One-College New Student Orientation Course through Brightspace/D2L. You can complete this course 100% online and at your own pace.
- I am a high school Dual Enrollment student. Do I need to attend New Student Orientation?
- YES! All Dual Enrollment and College in the High School students must complete a new student orientation. You will receive an email to your HAWKMail account with information on completing any required placement test(s) and how to schedule an orientation. Dual Enrollment Orientation is a unique program that covers helpful information on balancing high school and college life.
- My child is attending HACC. Can I attend New Student Orientation with them?
- Yes! All of HACC’s New Student Orientations are open to friends and family of our HACC students. Please contact us at email@example.com to register for your session.
Meet YOUR New Student Orientation Team