International Student Services
HACC is home to approximately 150 student visa holders from over 50 countries.
Who are international students?
F-1 international student visa holders are admitted to the U.S. to be full-time students. They add a rich diversity to the College and are instrumental in promoting global awareness, responsibility, intercultural understanding, and engagement among students, faculty, and staff. They bring a great economic benefit to our country. It is calculated that HACC international students alone bring $3.4 million per year to the region and support 17 local jobs. These students are governed by strict regulations and are monitored by the Department of Homeland Security. They are required by federal regulation to maintain a full-time course load and make satisfactory progress in a degree or certificate program.
What services are available to international students at HACC?
In addition to the services available to all students at HACC, the international student services office helps students:
- Integrate into the College community
- Understand and follow the regulations pertaining to their immigration status
- Apply for immigration benefits such as employment authorization
- Take advantage of the opportunities and support services available at HACC
I am interested in becoming an international HACC student. What should I do?
Visit International Admissions for international admissions information.
How do I contact International Student Services at HACC?
Please e-mail InternationalStudent@hacc.edu or call 717-780-1100 for information or to schedule a time to meet. Open Zoom times are also available Mondays 10 a.m.-noon and Thursdays 1:30-3:30 p.m. for students with quick questions.
Our office is located at the Harrisburg Campus, Cooper Student Center, room 217.
Regular Fall/Spring Office Hours
- Monday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday:8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.