Military and Veterans Start Here
1. Apply to become a HACC student.
2. Apply for your military education benefits.
- Apply online at www.gibill.va.gov.
- Chapter 30, 33, 1606 —VA form 22-1990 (VA form 22-1995 if you previously used benefits at another school)
- Chapter 31 VR&E should meet with a VR&E counselor
- Chapter 35 and Fry scholarship —VA Form 22-5490 (VA form 22-5495 if you previously used benefits at another school)
- Chapter 33 Dependent —VA Form 22-1990E (VA form 22-1995 if you previously used benefits at another school)
- Electronically attach DD-214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) to your application. Do this when applying online.
- Electronically attach any additional entitlement (e.g. Kicker or College Fund).
- Print and submit the application confirmation page and DD-214 or NOBE to email@example.com.
- Send your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to firstname.lastname@example.org when you receive it.
- Request the Veterans Benefits Request form (Yellow Sheet) instructions.
- Contact email@example.com to obtain information about military/veteran educational benefits and how to use your benefits at HACC.
- Ask to receive the Veterans Benefits Request form (yellow sheet) instructions if you have not done so already.
4. Meet with your academic advisor and register for classes.
5. Download the Veterans Benefits Request form (yellow sheet) on myHACC and submit it.
- Please submit a yellow sheet every term and when you add or change classes.