At HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College, we know that employees such as YOU, who are focused on our mission and exhibit our core values of integrity, collegiality, excellence, and trust, are our most valuable assets. That is why we provide a comprehensive benefit program. Below are some highlights of the benefits offered at HACC:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The EAP at HACC is a benefit to assist employees and their family members to connect to the resources they need. Services provided by Mazzitti & Sullivan cover all employees, as well as all residents of the employee’s home and any dependents up to age 26. Services are accessible 24/7/365. The benefit is much more than counseling and mental health. The Work/Life Services portal has over 20,000+ resources related to relationships, health and wellness, family, managing stress, budgeting, finances, identity theft, and professional and personal growth.
Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP services offer financial literacy tools, elder care services, financial counseling, community resource referrals. Here are some of the areas where Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP can connect employees and their families to housing resources – anything from transitional housing programs to emergency shelters, support groups, veteran’s services, education resources, food banks, and discounted services.
- Retirement and Financial Planning
Matching retirement contributions
Voluntary retirement contributions
On-site financial planning and retirement consultation
Retiree health insurance
- Paid Leave and Flexible Schedules
College is closed for Winter Break (some employees may teach during the Winter Session)
Four-day work weeks (May through August)
Paid sick, personal, bereavement, and/or vacation leave
Emergency sick leave bank
- Educational Assistance
Free HACC tuition for employee, spouse, and dependents (temporary employees not eligible)
Tuition assistance at other institutions for employee (temporary employees not eligible)
Lebanon Valley College Partnership: 10 percent discount on tuition and a waiver of the application fee to current employees who enroll in LVC’s College Educators Legacy Scholarship
- Training and professional development
- $500 salary increase for educational degree completion; $2,000 for doctorate
- Dozens of credit and non-credit courses for a wide array of interests. Virtual classes offer the ability to take classes right from your own home computer. Take a class after work or on the weekend to learn about the music and recording industry; the art of baking and pastries; trades and technology; real estate; etc. Visit the Programs and Courses pages at www.hacc.edu.
NOTE: Not all benefits listed are guaranteed. Some benefits may be subject to criteria including but not limited to: available services provided by vendors; third-party contracts; budget/funding; and/or supervisor approval.
Employee Benefits Guide (updated for the 2022 Plan Year)
Capital Blue Cross Medical & Prescription Drug Plan
- High Deductible Health Plan $2,000/$4,000
- PPO Premium $500/$1,000
- CareConnect $350/$700
Health Spending Account
Capital Blue Cross
If you enroll in the Capital Blue Cross High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), you will have the option to contribute to a Health Savings Account. The 2022 maximum annual contribution to an HSA is $3,650 for employees with Single coverage and $7,300 for employees with Family coverage. HACC will also make an annual contribution to your Health Savings Account based on your medical enrollment tier:
- Employee Only - $1,500
- Employee & Dependents - $3,000
United Concordia (UCCI)
You have the option of enrolling in either of the two dental plans below:
- UCCI Dental
- UCCI Buy-Up Plan
HACC offers two vision plans through NVA.
- NVA Vision Plan
- NVA Buy-Up Plan
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
HACC offers you the option of setting up a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and setting aside money from your paycheck on a pre-tax basis to pay for eligible expenses. You have the option of setting up the following FSAs:
- Health Care FSA – annual contribution limit applies
- Limited Purpose FSA (for employees contributing money to a Health Savings Account) – annual contribution limit applies
- Dependent Care FSA – annual contribution limit applies
HACC offers these additional benefits through Prudential:
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- New benefits-eligible employees will be sent enrollment instructions via email upon their start date.
- Benefit coverage begins on the first of the month following the employee's start date.
- The Annual Open Enrollment period is held in late October - mid November.
Forms required as part of enrollment will be provided through the bSwift Enrollment System. This system can only be accessed by current employees with myHACC login credentials.
Contact Human Resources