Health Careers Programs
HACC offers over 30 health career programs. Learn about our programs, clinical admission criteria and enrollment information. Download the Admitted Student Profile (pdf) for information about numbers of applicants, GPA and point ranges for students admitted to clinicals (pdf) (updated regularly).
Link to ADVISING information including how to meet with a HACC advisor during current remote situation.
What health career programs and courses does HACC offer?
- ACLS, PALS (Non-credit)
- Addiction and Recovery Services - NEW FALL 2021 (Associate)
- Cardiac Sonographer (Associate)
- Cardiology Technician (Non-credit)
- Cardiovascular Technologist - Invasive (Associate)
- Certified Recovery Specialist (Non-credit)
- Community Health Worker (Non-credit)
- Computed Tomography (CT) (For radiologic technologists)
- CPR (Non-credit)
- Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Paramedic (CCEMT-P) (for EMT-Ps and RNs)
- Dental Assistant (Certificate) & EFDA
- Dental Hygienist (Associate) (Includes Local Anesthesia for Hygienists)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Ultrasound) (Associate)
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) (Non-credit)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Includes EMS academy) (Non-credit)
- Advanced EMT (Non-credit)
- Exercise Science-Physical Education (Science Department) (Associate)
- Expanded Functions Dental Auxiliary Program (EFDA)
- Gerontology (Diploma, Certificate and Associate)
- Health Care Management (Associate) (Business Studies Department)
- Health Science (Associate) - For actively credentialed health care professionals - options for Management/Marketing and Social Services
- Human Service / Social Services / Addiction & Recovery Services (Associate) (Social Science Department)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) (for working technologists)
- Massage Therapist (Non-credit - Can lead to Health Science Associate)
- Massage Therapy Continuing Education
- Medical Assistant (Certificate - credit program AND Workforce-noncredit program)
- Medical Coding Specialist (Non-credit)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (Associate)
- Nurse - LPN (Practical Nurse) (Certificate)
- Nurse - RN (Associate)
- Nurse - RN & LPN Reactivation & Refresher (Non-credit)
- Nurse - LPN Transitional Track (LPN to RN) (Associate)
- Nurse Aide (Non-credit)
- Nursing Home Administrator (Non-credit)
- Paramedic (Non-credit)
- Personal Care Home Administrator (Non-credit)
- Personal Trainer (Non-credit)
- Pharmacy Technician (Non-credit)
- Phlebotomy Technician (Non-credit skills course)
- Physician Office Assistant (Non-credit)
- Pre-Health Professions (Associate)
- Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse (PHRN) (Non-credit)
- Radiologic Imaging Track for Health Science (Associate)
- Radiologic Technologist (X-ray) (Associate)
- Radiology Informatics/PACS Administrator
- Reflexology (Non-credit)
- Respiratory Therapist (Associate)
- Surgical Technologist (Associate)
- Wellness & Health Promotion (Associate) (Science Department)
- Download a Summary of our Programs including campus location and evening options (pdf) (from the HCC).
- Download a Website Flier that includes list of programs, web link, Career Infonet and Salary.com links
How do I enroll in the credit health career programs?
To enroll in a credit health career program:
- View How to Apply to HACC and submit your application and apply for financial aid
- Request your high school (and prior college) transcripts
- Schedule placement tests and attend New Student Orientation
- View Meet Your Admissions Counselor
- Meet with your advisor - link to ADVISING information including how to meet with a HACC advisor remotely.
How do I enroll in the non-credit health career programs?
- To register for a class, call (717) 780-2414
- You do not need to complete a college application.
- You may be required to take placement tests.
- Visit the website or email Workforce Healthcare Education, firstname.lastname@example.org, for additional information.