Health Careers Programs
HACC offers over 30 health career programs. Learn about our programs, clinical admission criteria and enrollment information. Download the Admitted Student Profile (pdf) for information about numbers of applicants, GPA and point ranges for students admitted to clinicals (pdf) (updated regularly).
Download the Health Career Catalog (pdf)
What health career programs and courses does HACC offer?
- ACLS, PALS (Non-credit)
- Cardiac Sonographer (Associate)
- Cardiology Technician (Non-credit)
- Cardiovascular Technologist - Invasive (Associate)
- Certified Recovery Specialist (Non-credit)
- Computed Tomography (CT) (For radiologic technologists)
- CPR (Non-credit)
- Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Paramedic (CCEMT-P) (for EMT-Ps and RNs)
- Dental Assistant (Certificate) & EFDA
- Dental Hygienist (Associate) (Includes Local Anesthesia for Hygienists)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Ultrasound) (Associate)
- Education (Early Childhood & Elementary Education) (Diploma, Certificate and Associate)
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) (Non-credit)
- Emergency Medical Technician (Includes EMS academy) (Non-credit)
- Exercise Science-Physical Education (Science Department) (Associate)
- Expanded Functions Dental Auxiliary Program (EFDA)
- Gerontology (Diploma, Certificate and Associate)
- Health Care Management (Associate) (Business Studies Department)
- Health Science (Associate) - For actively credentialed health care professionals - options for Management/Marketing, Gerontology, Cardiovascular Technology, Radiologic Imaging, Paramedic
- Human Service/Social Services (Certificate and Associate)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) (for working technologists)
- Massage Therapist (Non-credit - Can lead to Health Science Associate)
- Massage Therapy Continuing Education
- Medical Assistant (Certificate - credit program AND Workforce-noncredit program)
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist (Non-credit)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (Associate)
- Nurse - LPN (Practical Nurse) (Certificate)
- Nurse - RN (Associate)
- Nurse - RN & LPN Reactivation & Refresher (Non-credit)
- Nurse - LPN Transitional Track (LPN to RN) (Associate)
- Nurse Aide (Non-credit)
- Nursing Home Administrator (Non-credit)
- Paramedic (Non-credit)
- Personal Care Home Administrator (Non-credit)
- Personal Trainer (Non-credit)
- Pharmacy Technician (Non-credit)
- Phlebotomy Technician (Non-credit skills course)
- Physician Office Assistant (Non-credit)
- Pre-Health Professions (Associate)
- Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse (PHRN) (Non-credit)
- Radiologic Imaging Track for Health Science (Associate)
- Radiologic Technologist (X-ray) (Associate)
- Radiology Informatics/PACS Administrator
- Reflexology (Non-credit)
- Respiratory Therapist (Associate)
- Surgical Technologist (Associate)
- Wellness & Health Promotion (Associate) (Science Department)
- Download our Health Career Catalog (HCC) (pdf - 38 pgs)
- Download a Summary of our Programs including campus location and evening options (pdf) (from the HCC).
- Download a Website Flier that includes list of programs, web link, Career Infonet and Salary.com links
How do I enroll in the credit health career programs?
To enroll in a credit health career program:
- View How to Apply to HACC and submit your application and apply for financial aid
- Request your high school (and prior college) transcripts
- Schedule placement tests and attend New Student Orientation
- View Meet Your Admissions Counselor
- Meet with a health career advisor
How do I enroll in the non-credit health career programs?
- To register for a class, call (717) 780-2414 or go to any campus Welcome Center.
- You do not need to complete a college application.
- You may be required to take placement tests.
- Visit the website or email Workforce Healthcare Education, firstname.lastname@example.org, for additional information.