Nurse - RN
Learn about our Nursing Associate in Science Degree (ADN) (RN) program (3456P).
To keep our students informed, the Department of Nursing and the Administrative Team, held an Information Session to update students on the plans for Spring 2021. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Current Students in programs who are returning in the spring of 2021, were given an opportunity to hear the plans and to ask questions. You may click this link if you missed the information session and want to hear the information presented. We recognize the burden that uncertainty places on all of you. Please understand that these plans are fluid.
Link to the Summer (May) 2021 York clinical application - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/York_RN_2021. The Fall (August) 2021 Harrisburg, Lancaster and Gettysburg clinical applications will be here in late spring. CHECK BACK. You must have taken the TEAS and scored (overall / composite / percentage) 70 or higher and have an overall GPA 2.5 or above to apply. Highest TEAS score (70 or higher) as of the application date is used in point calculation. You may submit ONE application for each application cycle. (In other words you cannot re-test and use a newer higher TEAS score once you have submitted your application.)
See complete clinical admission information - Admission Criteria and Essential Qualifications.
Learn more about the TEAS test here. Includes link to the ATI website to register, remote proctoring, contact information, study groups and TEAS information sessions.
How to meet with a HACC advisor - https://www.hacc.edu/Students/AdvisingCounseling/index.cfm
Nursing Information Sessions - Please RSVP below and attend!
Get answers to all your nursing questions and hear about the following. Sessions tend to last about 2 hours - one hour presentation followed by a question/answer period. Students may attend any of the following sessions to receive information. Sessions are a general overview and information is given regarding programs and admissions for all campuses.
- Nursing careers
- HACC's programs
- Time commitment
- Essential Qualifications/Background Checks/Health Forms
- Application process
WHEN YOU RSVP, be sure to include your name, HACCID and the date and time you wish to attend.
After RSVP'ing, students will receive details on how to connect to Zoom. Please login before session is scheduled to begin.
NURSING Information Sessions - attend any session originating campus doesn't make a difference.
View the 2-9-21 information session presented by Mark Lieb, MSN, RN, Director of Harrisburg Campus nursing programs - 2 hours - https://youtu.be/VTZmPdgJMMQ
Zoom and Originating Campus
Email for RSVP
York Campus and Zoom
York Campus and Zoom
- Promotes health, prevents disease and helps patients cope with illness
- Advocates and educates patients, families and communities
- Provides and coordinates patient care
- Observes, assesses and records symptoms, reactions and progress
- Has a good knowledge of human biological sciences, math and problem solving
- Works well with others as part of a team
Learn more about a career in nursing (Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook).
Where do nurses (RNs) work?
Nurses work in many varied settings, including:
- Hospitals, rehab centers and long-term care centers
- Outpatient clinics and surgical centers
- Home health, schools and industry
How much does the program cost?
Download Estimated expenses (pdf).
What degree will I earn? Will I be eligible for credentials?
Upon successful completion, you will:
- earn a Nursing Associate in Science Degree (ADN)
- be eligible to sit for the RN licensure exam (NCLEX-RN®) administered by the PA State Board of Nursing
What are the required courses and what is the suggested schedule? How long does the program take to complete? Where are the clinical classes held?
- Download a list of Course requirements/suggested schedule - includes evening program information (pdf).
HACC offers full-time day and part-time programs:
- The full-time day program is at Gettysburg, Harrisburg and Lancaster campuses.
- The part-time program is at Harrisburg, Lancaster and York campuses.
- You can take general education (prerequisite) courses at other campuses and sites.
What are the program clinical admission criteria and how do I apply for clinicals?
- Admission to HACC does not guarantee admission to the clinical component of the program. You begin as a pre-nursing student and work closely with your advisor to prepare to apply to the clinical/core component.
- You are required to meet with a Health Careers advisor and complete general education courses before applying for the clinical portion.
- Download clinical application information and deadlines - Admission Criteria and Essential Qualifications (pdf).
- Link to the Summer (May) 2021 York clinical application - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/York_RN_2021. The Fall (August) 2021 Harrisburg, Lancaster and Gettysburg clinical applications will be here in late spring. CHECK BACK. You must have taken the TEAS and scored (overall / composite / percentage) 70 or higher and have an overall GPA 2.5 or above to apply. Highest TEAS score (70 or higher) as of the application date is used in point calculation. You may submit ONE application for each application cycle. (In other words you cannot re-test and use a newer higher TEAS score once you have submitted your application.) Learn more about the TEAS test here.
- You must submit (to the Admissions Office) official high school transcripts (with graduation date) or GED.
Does the HACC Nursing Program Accept Transfer Students from other Nursing Programs?
- Yes, the HACC Nursing Program does accept transfer students from other nursing programs.
- Please click this link to view the transfer process/requirements
- Students requesting transfer must meet the application deadlines. Student must complete all transfer requirements by the following dates:
- May 2021 Start: by March 15th, 2021
- August 2021 Start: by May 15th, 2021
- January 2022 Start: by September 26th, 2021
Is the program accredited?
The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
What is the most current program student achievement data? (NCLEX Pass Rates, Completion Rates and End of Program Outcomes Data) (pdf)
Can I advance my education in this field?
- You can pursue a Bachelor's degree with a major in nursing (BSN). You can also pursue a masters or doctorate degree.
- You can earn your BSN from:
- Albright College
- Alvernia College
- Capella University
- Carlow University
- Central Penn College
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Drexel University and Online
- Eastern Mennonite University
- Eastern University —St. David's
- Edenboro University
- Grand Canyon University
- Harrisburg University
- Immaculata University —Accelerated and Online
- Indiana University of PA
- Messiah University
- Millersville University
- Penn College of Technology
- Penn State University —Harrisburg, Mont Alto and York
- Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- University of Phoenix
- York College
- HACC has dual-admission agreements with Millersville University and Eastern Mennonite University.
- These agreements ensure seamless transmission to completion of a BSN within 12-18 months after graduation.
- Classes are held at Millersville University, Eastern Mennonite University and HACC's York and Harrisburg campuses.
- University representatives are available on HACC campuses monthly to discuss the programs
- For specific questions or information contact a nursing advisor.
How can I get more information?
- Download the Nursing Student Handbook (pdf). (includes dosage calculations requirements)
- Download Nursing program conceptual framework (pdf)
- Visit Career Infonet. You will find salary and job outlook statistics, career videos and licensing requirements.
- Visit allnurses.com.
- Visit the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- Visit the PA State Board of Nursing.
Who can I contact for more information?
Nursing Program Office — Gettysburg Campus
731 Old Harrisburg Road, Room 300
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Nursing Program Office — Harrisburg Campus
Select Medical, Room 218
One HACC Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Nursing Program Office — Lancaster Campus
Main Building, Room 215
1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602
Nursing Program Office —York Campus
Leader Building, Room 136
2010 Pennsylvania Avenue
York, PA 17404