The Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA) was created to make companies across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania more competitive locally, nationally and internationally, by updating and improving the skills of their employees to meet specific company needs.
WEDnetPA is an alliance of educational providers across Pennsylvania — including HACC — that acts as a delivery mechanism for workforce training grants. As a WEDnet provider, HACC serves as the point of contact for businesses accessing these training funds.
Qualified in-state businesses and out-of-state companies relocating to the economic-friendly business climate of Pennsylvania can access funding for a wide range of training that is described further on the website at www.wednetpa.com
What training is reimbursable under the WEDnetPA Grant?
WEDnetPA grant funds are used to cover direct training expenses in the fiscal year. You have a variety of options to decide what training is needed and when and how training is delivered to eligible employees. Training providers must fall into one of three categories including:
- Partner Training – If you work with HACC for your application and WEDnet grant award, you can select HACC to provide high-quality and flexible coursework and classes as part of your reimbursement plan.
- Third-party Vendor – This can include training groups, websites and other organizations that provide instructor-led training (on-site or off-site) or online training.
- In-house training – These are learning sessions delivered by one of your current employees who may also be a subject matter experts (SME). Companies with more than 250 employees are not eligible to request reimbursement for in-house training.
Job Skills Training -- fundamental skills needed for workplace success
Starting June 1, 2021, companies can apply for grant funds under one, consolidated Job Skills Training category.
Qualified companies can now receive up to $2000 per employee for job training in various areas that include (but are not limited to):
- Business Operations
- Computer Operations
- Manufacturing Fundamentals
- Product and Process Control
- Workplace Behavior Skills
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Machine Operations and Maintenance
- Manufacturing Technology
- Advanced Math
- Software Implementation
- Technical Applications (including Scientific and Medical)
Apply NOW or get more information on eligibility and program specifics at: http://www.wednetpa.com
Who is the HACC WEDnet Partner Contact?
Initial Contact, Company Information, Applications, and Training Plans:
Invoicing, Payment or Financial Questions: