TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
The ATI TEAS® exam was developed to evaluate the academic readiness of applicants to health career programs. Currently our dental hygiene, RN and LPN programs require applicants to take the TEAS in order to apply for clinicals. Refer to program websites for complete admission criteria and minimum scores required. TEAS scores are valid for 3 years.
- Download basic TEAS information (pdf) - including how to register, receive testing accommodations and how long to wait before re-testing (at least 45 days - recommended). ATI requires a 14-day waiting period between tests.
- Watch a HACC YouTube TEAS Information Session - https://youtu.be/qGpL2CLYzQY (updated June 8, 2022)
- FOR DENTAL HYGIENE - Three attempts in an application cycle is permitted for the TEAS exam. Scores are acceptable for three years.
- The TEAS test was updated to Version 7 June 3, 2022.
- Beginning in fall of 2023 ONLY Version 7 tests will be accepted.
- TEAS Version 7 scores are valid for 3 years.
Register to take the TEAS
ATI website - https://atitesting.com/teas/register
HACC offers on-campus (In-person) and remote TEAS testing.
- TEAS testing may be scheduled at ANY HACC campus or ANY OTHER LOCATION; taking a test at a campus does not indicate a preference for your clinical program location. Be sure to have your TEAS score sent to HACC.
- Choose a testing session at a date and time that works best for your schedule. Keep in mind the following as you register for a testing session:
- It does not affect the campus you select when you apply for clinicals.
- Schedule your test at least 48 hours in advance (ATI will send an email receipt.)
- You will receive a confirmation email from HACC 1-2 days prior to your testing date with important test-day testing information.
- It doesn't matter which program (nursing/allied health) or campus you choose - the test is the same and the Composite/Percentage score will be the same regardless.
- New HACC test dates will be added regularly - keep checking the ATI website ("TEAS for Nursing" is the only heading for HACC listings) and check Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster and York HACC locations. We are limited to how many dates are posted at a time. Dental Hygiene students also select "TEAS for Nursing" - it's the way ATI lists all HACC tests.
- If you take the test via a non-HACC "location" please have your scores sent to HACC. It doesn't matter which Program/Campus you select.
- ATI requires a 14-day waiting period between tests.
Remote (Online) TEAS Testing
- If you take the TEAS remotely (from your own computer, own location), please download the following: ATI TEAS Remote Proctoring Student Quick Start Guide (pdf)
Who to Contact if you have TEAS questions or problems
- If you have TEAS technology problems or questions contact Elisa Cohen at HACC - email@example.com.
- If you have TEAS billing or refund questions please contact ATI.
Preparing for your TEAS exam
- TEAS Prep Information Sessions (pdf flier) - review test sections, types of questions; discuss study and test day strategies and hear about remote proctoring of the test. Zoom link for all sessions - https://hacc.zoom.us/j/9976315430 Pre-registration is not necessary!
- The next TEAS information session will be held in August.
- The date and time will be posted here as soon as it is scheduled.
- TEAS Test Study Groups
- For HACC students who want to prepare and practice for the TEAS exam.
- Facilitated by a HACC tutor.
- You do not need an appointment to join the study group!
- If you plan to retest be sure to allow time (advisors suggest a month) to study the areas you need to improve in before you retake the test.
- Watch a HACC YouTube TEAS Information Session
Dental Hygiene and Nursing Program Admission Criteria
- Download the dental hygiene admission criteria/point system (pdf)
- Download nursing clinical admission criteria/point system with application information and deadlines (pdf).