TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
The ATI TEAS® was developed to evaluate the academic readiness of applicants to health career programs. Currently our dental hygiene, RN and LPN programs require applicants to take the TEAS in order to apply for clinicals. Refer to program websites for complete admission criteria and minimum scores required.
- Download basic TEAS information (pdf) - including how to register; how long to wait before re-testing (at least 45 days - recommended) and how long scores are valid for (3 years)
- Download ATI TEAS Remote Proctoring Student Quick Start Guide (pdf)
- Watch the 9-minute ATI Student Orientation video about installing Proctorio and setting up for your test. Please allow time to do this!
Register to take the TEAS
ATI website (you MUST do a dry run test 24 hours before your scheduled test) - https://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/TEAS-Products.aspx.
- Schedule a remote testing session at ANY HACC campuses or other location; taking a test with a campus does not indicate a preference for your clinical program location.
- Choose a testing session at a date and time that works best for your schedule. Keep in mind the following as you register for a testing session:
- It does not affect the campus you select when you apply for clinicals.
- You are required do a "dry run" sample test 24 hours before your actual scheduled test.
- Schedule your test at least 48 hours in advance
- You will receive notification of assessment IDs from the testing location you selected and do the dry run test 24 hours prior to the actual test. THIS IS IMPORTANT!
- It doesn't matter which program (nursing/allied health) or campus you choose - the test is the same and the Composite/Percentage score will be the same regardless.
- New test dates will be added regularly - keep checking the ATI website and check Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster and York HACC locations. We are limited to how many dates are posted at a time.
- If you take the test via a non-HACC "location" please have your scores sent to HACC.
Who to Contact if you have TEAS questions or problems
- If you have TEAS technology problems or questions contact Elisa Cohen at HACC - email@example.com.
- If you have TEAS refund questions please contact ATI.
- PLEASE Watch the 9-minute ATI Student Orientation video about installing Proctorio and setting up for your test. This video is extremely beneficial getting you ready for the dry run and test.
Preparing for your TEAS exam
- Attend a TEAS Information Session (download flier) to…
- Review ATI TEAS test sections
- types of questions in each section
- time allowances per section
- Review test prep strategies and resources
- Learn test day strategies
TEAS Info Sessions
Date Time Zoom Link Wed, Aug 12 4:00 pm Thu, Aug 13 10:00 am https://hacc.zoom.us/j/95720519624 Tue, Sept 8 4:00 pm https://hacc.zoom.us/j/95720519624 Wed, Sept 9 10:00 am https://hacc.zoom.us/j/91371289211
- Review ATI TEAS test sections
- TEAS Coaching (These session are held through Zoom, so you may attend any session!) In these sessions, you will learn about TEAS test strategies, preparation techniques, and more.
- Watch the 9-minute ATI Student Orientation video about installing Proctorio and setting up for your test. This video is extremely beneficial getting you ready for the dry run and test.
- If you plan to retest be sure to allow time (advisors suggest a month) to study the areas you need to improve in before you retake the test.
Dental Hygiene and Nursing Program Admission Criteria