TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
The ATI TEAS® was developed to evaluate the academic readiness of applicants to health career programs. Currently our dental hygiene, RN and LPN programs require applicants to take the TEAS in order to apply for clinicals. Refer to program websites for complete admission criteria and minimum scores required.
- Download basic TEAS information (pdf) - including how to register; how long to wait before re-testing (at least 45 days - recommended) and how long scores are valid for (3 years)
- Download ATI TEAS Remote Proctoring Student Quick Start Guide (pdf)
- Watch the 13-minute ATI Student Orientation video about installing Proctorio and setting up for your test. Please allow time to do this!
- Watch a HACC YouTube TEAS Test Strategies Information Session
Register to take the TEAS
ATI website (you MUST do a dry run test 1-2 days before your scheduled test) - https://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/TEAS-Products.aspx.
- Schedule a remote testing session at ANY HACC campuses or other location; taking a test with a campus does not indicate a preference for your clinical program location.
- Choose a testing session at a date and time that works best for your schedule. Keep in mind the following as you register for a testing session:
- It does not affect the campus you select when you apply for clinicals.
- You are required do a "dry run" sample test 1-2 days before your actual scheduled test.
- Schedule your test at least 48 hours in advance
- You will receive notification of assessment IDs from the testing location you selected and do the dry run test 24 hours prior to the actual test. THIS IS IMPORTANT!
- It doesn't matter which program (nursing/allied health) or campus you choose - the test is the same and the Composite/Percentage score will be the same regardless.
- New test dates will be added regularly - keep checking the ATI website and check Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster and York HACC locations. We are limited to how many dates are posted at a time.
- If you take the test via a non-HACC "location" please have your scores sent to HACC.
- You must do a dry-run exam at least one or two days prior to the ATI assessment
in order to allow time to troubleshoot any issues. Ensure that you are taking the dry run on the same device on which you will be taking the ATI proctored assessment.
Who to Contact if you have TEAS questions or problems
- If you have TEAS technology problems or questions contact Elisa Cohen at HACC - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have TEAS refund questions please contact ATI.
- PLEASE Watch the 13-minute ATI Student Orientation video about installing Proctorio and setting up for your test. This video is extremely beneficial getting you ready for the dry run and test.
Preparing for your TEAS exam
- TEAS Information Sessions (pdf flier) - review test sections, types of questions; discuss study and test day strategies and hear about remote proctoring of the test. Zoom link for all sessions - https://hacc.zoom.us/j/9976315430
- Tue, Dec. 1, 10 am
- Wed, Dec. 2, 4 pm
- Tue, Feb 2, 2021 4 pm
- Wed, Feb 3, 2021, 10 am
- Watch the 13-minute ATI Student Orientation video about installing Proctorio and setting up for your test. This video is extremely beneficial getting you ready for the dry run and test.
- If you plan to retest be sure to allow time (advisors suggest a month) to study the areas you need to improve in before you retake the test.
- Watch a HACC YouTube TEAS Information Session
Dental Hygiene and Nursing Program Admission Criteria