Cardiovascular Technologist - Invasive
Learn more about our Invasive Cardiovascular Technologist Associate in Science Degree Program.
Apply for Clinicals
- Admission to HACC does not guarantee admission to the clinical component of the program. Work closely with your advisor to prepare to apply to the clinical/core component.
- Download the Admission Criteria and Essential Qualifications (pdf).
- Attend a mandatory information session.
The invasive CVT application - check back for 2024
What does an invasive cardiovascular technologist do?
Invasive cardiovascular technologists have various duties. They:
- Assist physicians with cardiac catheterization procedures (a small tube - a catheter - is guided through the patient's blood vessels into the heart or cardiovascular system).
- Perform and review patient assessment
- Provide patient care before, during and after procedures
- Administer medications under the direction of a physician
- Operate and maintain equipment
- Develop differential diagnoses based on the patient's history and examination findings
Check out our new CVT video!
How much does the program cost?
Download Estimated Expenses (pdf) for a list of estimated expenses.
What degree will I earn? Will I be eligible for credentials?
Upon successful completion you:
- will earn an Invasive Cardiovascular Technology Associate in Science Degree
- are eligible to sit for the Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
What are the required courses?
- Download a list of Required Courses. The list includes a sample schedule (pdf).
- HACC holds CVT classes at the Lancaster campus. Prerequisite courses are offered at other campuses and sites.
Is the program accredited?
The CVT program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
9355 - 113th St. N, #7709
Seminole, FL 33775
Can I advance my education in this field?
- This program leads directly to an occupation.
What are the program goals?
Program goals are to prepare students to:
- Be competent entry-level cardiovascular technologists.
- Demonstrate competence in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (behavior) learning domains for adult cardiac catheterization.
What is the most current (2017-21) program effectiveness data?
CCIS Exam Pass Rate RCIS
3 Year Average
How can I get more information?
- Download the FAQ (pdf).
- View a video explaining cardiac catheterization .
- View a video of local people explaining the procedure at the Phoenixville Hospital.
- Visit Careeronestop for salary and job outlook statistics, career video and licensing requirements.
- Visit Alliance of Cardiovascular Professionals . Select "Careers" at the top of the page.
- Download the CVT Student Handbook
Who can I contact for more information?
Invasive Cardiovascular Technology Program Office
HACC Lancaster Campus
East Building, Room 207
1641 Old Philadelphia Pike Lancaster, PA 17602