Cardiology Technician Certificate - Non-Credit (0001)
Are you interested in helping doctors diagnose heart problems? Are you good with machines?
Our Cardiology Technician Course teaches you how to perform basic cardiovascular assessments to help treat patients with cardiac and peripheral vascular disease.
After earning your certificate, you will have the skills and knowledge to work in various healthcare settings such as:
- Cardiology centers
- Outpatient facilities
- Physician offices
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
You can complete the course in approximately a year. In the 165-hour course, you will learn how to:
- Perform various cardiology tests including EKG’s, Holter Monitors, and Stress Tests
- Interpret EKG changes by identifying various types of cardiac dysrhythmias
- Obtain cardiac history
- Perform patient assessments and identify abnormalities of the CV system
- Take the national certification examination for Certified Cardiac Technicians (CCT)
Additionally, you will be able to take the national certification examination for Certified Cardiac Technicians (CCT).
You may be required to submit ACT 33 Child Abuse and ACT 34 Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Checks prior to obtaining employment.
Upon completing your certificate, you can continue your education and earn an associate degree at HACC! Completion of this certificate course, CCT certification and six months of work experience may allow you to transfer your college credits to our associate degree in invasive cardiovascular technology or associate degree in cardiac sonography.
When you complete your associate degree, you can continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
For your convenience, you can complete the entire course at our Harrisburg Campus. To fulfill the requirements, you will need to take more than 51% of your coursework through multiple modalities (e.g. Online, Blended and/or Remote Learning).
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
You can complete spring, summer and fall classes at HACC. Please use the information listed in the "How Can I Learn More" section to contact us to learn start dates and enrollment deadlines.