Healthcare Management - Associate in Applied Science (AAS) (3606)
Has the idea of a career in the healthcare industry always attracted you? If you naturally enjoy the business side of healthcare and have a passion for helping others, a career in medical practice management or medical office management may be the perfect fit for your interests and goals. HACC’s Healthcare Management program can be the way to get there.
After completing our two-year program and receiving your Associate in Applied Science degree, you’ll be prepared for entry-level management positions within the healthcare industry. If pursuing a bachelor’s degree is of interest, then we can help you transfer your credits to a four-year school.
With our Healthcare Management program, you’ll embark on a career path that can lead to medical practice management or medical office management positions including:
- Practitioner offices
- Holistic health practices
- Long-term care facilities
- Wellness centers.
If you’re already working as a healthcare clinician, this degree can also prepare you to advance to a management position in the healthcare industry.
This program may be a perfect fit for your career goals if you:
- Consider yourself detail-oriented and organized
- Can multitask in a high-pressure environment
- Describe yourself as a natural problem solver who can think creatively
- Work well with others and can offer compassionate support
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- What occupations are in demand within the region you select
- The number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- The anticipated number of job openings available — just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
By completing our program, you will learn how to:
- Communicate effectively and professionally in business management situations through physical or virtual presence, writing, speaking, listening and electronic media
- Use quantitative and qualitative tools and methodologies to support business management and organizational decision making
- Describe economic, environmental, political, ethical, legal and regulatory contexts of global organizational management policies
- Evaluate healthcare management issues including financial, legal, operational and administrative procedures
- Use team building skills in the accomplishment of group goals and objectives
- Work effectively, respectfully, ethically and professionally with people of diverse ethnic, cultural, gender and other backgrounds and with people who have different organizational roles, social affiliations and personalities
- Solve problems related to healthcare management using critical thinking skills
- Utilize research methods to collect and analyze information regarding management concepts
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Affordably YOURS, our programs are designed to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
As a HACC Healthcare Management student, your transfer options include:
|Elizabethtown College -Degree Completion Program:||Health Care Management into Health Care Administration (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||Healthcare Management into Health Policy and Administration (pdf)|
|Penn State Mont Alto:||Program to Program Agreements (pdf)|
We also offer some of the required courses at the Lebanon and York campuses and through Virtual Learning.
Yes! You can view approximately 200 scholarship opportunities offered through the HACC Foundation by visiting hacc.edu/scholarships. Please browse the eligibility requirements before applying.
We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall. Visit our website to apply anytime. When you apply, make sure you include program code 3606 with your application. This code is unique to the Healthcare Management program and ensures you’re applying to the correct one.
If you’re passionate about helping others, we want to help YOU get there. Choose HACC for our innovative instructors, convenient class schedules and various transfer opportunities. To learn more about your career options in the healthcare management field, please contact an admissions counselor or the interim department chair, Jason Nielsen, to request more information.