Health Careers Programs
HACC offers over 30 health career programs. Learn about our programs, clinical admission criteria and enrollment information.
New for Fall - Vascular Sonography and Pediatric Cardiac Sonography - courses for students who possess a primary certification from an approved medical imaging board (ARDMS, CCI). Contact Kristy Werkheiser 717-358-2872 for additional information.
What health career programs and courses does HACC offer?
- ACLS, PALS (Non-credit)
- Cardiac Sonographer (Associate)
- Cardiology Technician (EKG) (Non-credit)
- Cardiovascular Technologist - Invasive (Associate)
- CPR (Non-credit)
- Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Paramedic (CCEMT-P) (for EMT-Ps and RNs)
- Computed Tomography (CT) & Mammography (For radiologic technologists)
- Dental Assistant (Certificate) & EFDA
- Dental Expanded Functions Dental Auxiliary Program (EFDA)
- Dental Hygienist (Associate) (Includes Local Anesthesia for Hygienists)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Ultrasound) (Associate)
- Education (Early Childhood & Elementary Education) (Diploma, Certificate and Associate)
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) (Non-credit)
- Emergency Medical Technician (Includes EMS academy) (Non-credit)
- Exercise Science-Physical Education (Education Division) (Associate)
- Gerontology (Diploma, Certificate and Associate)
- Health Care Management (Associate) (Business, Hospitality & Tourism Division)
- Health Science (Associate) - For actively credentialed health care professionals - options for Management/Marketing, Gerontology, Cardiovascular Technology, Radiologic Imaging, Paramedic
- Human Service/Social Services (Certificate and Associate)
- Mammography & CT (For radiologic technologists)
- Massage Therapist (Non-credit - Can lead to Health Science Associate)
- Medical Assistant (Certificate)
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist (Non-credit)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (Associate)
- Nuclear Medicine Technology (Associate - inactivated effective Fall 2017. Currently enrolled students have until 2021 to complete the requirements and graduate.)
- Nurse -LPN (Practical Nurse) (Certificate)
- Nurse -RN (Associate)
- Nurse -RN &LPN Re-Entry & Reactivation (Non-credit)
- Nurse - LPN Transitional Track (LPN to RN) (Associate)
- Nurse Aide (Non-credit)
- Paramedic (EMT-P) (Certificate)
- Personal Care Home Administrator (Non-credit)
- Personal Trainer (Non-credit)
- Pharmacy Technician (Non-credit)
- Phlebotomy Technician (Non-credit skills course)
- Physician Office Assistant (Non-credit)
- Pre-Health Professions (Associate)
- Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse (PHRN) (Non-credit)
- Radiologic Imaging Track for Health Science (Associate)
- Radiologic Technologist (Associate)
- Radiology Informatics/PACS Administrator
- Respiratory Therapist (Associate)
- Surgical Technologist (Certificate and Associate)
- Wellness & Health Promotion (Associate in Applied Science) - NEW FALL 2016 - ONLINE!
- Download our Health Career Catalog (HCC) (pdf - 38 pgs)
- Download a Summary of our Programs including campus location and evening options (pdf) (from the HCC).
- Download a Website Flier that includes list of programs, web link, Career Infonet and Salary.com links (pdf) (rev 3/15)
How do I enroll in the credit health career programs?
To enroll in a credit health career program:
- View How to Apply to HACC and submit your application and apply for financial aid
- Request your high school (and prior college) transcripts
- Schedule placement tests and attend New Student Orientation
- View Meet Your Recruiter
How do I enroll in the non-credit health career programs?
- To register for a class, call (717) 780-1352 or go to any campus Welcome Center.
- You do not need to complete a college application.
- You may be required to take placement tests.
- Visit the website or call Workforce Healthcare Education (717) 780-1352 for additional information.