Health Careers Programs
HACC offers over 30 health career programs. Learn about our programs, admission criteria and enrollment information.
NEW FOR FALL 2015
- Learn more about our on-line Gerontology Associate in Arts degree (pdf)
- Phlebotomy curriculum change (pdf)
- Health Science - new option for Radiologic Imaging and new course requirements for other options.
What health career programs does HACC offer?
Summary of our Programs (pdf, rev 11/14). The list includes campus location for clinicals and availability of part-time and evening options.
Download a Website Flier (pdf, rev 3/15) that includes a printable list of programs and link to Health Careers website and career (acinet.org) and salary (salary.com) links (pink sheet)
- ACLS, PALS (Non-credit)
- Cardiac Sonographer (Associate)
- Cardiology Technician (EKG) (Non-credit)
- Cardiovascular Technologist - Invasive (Associate)
- CPR (Non-credit)
- Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Paramedic (CCEMT-P) (for EMT-Ps and RNs)
- Computed Tomography (CT) & Mammography (For radiologic technologists)
- Dental Assistant (Certificate) & EFDA
- Dental Expanded Functions Dental Auxiliary Program (EFDA)
- Dental Hygienist (Associate) (Includes Local Anesthesia for Hygienists)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Ultrasound) (Associate)
- Education (Early Childhood &Elementary Education) (Diploma, Certificate and Associate)
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) (Non-credit)
- Emergency Medical Technician (Includes EMS academy) (Non-credit)
- Exercise Science-Physical Education (Education Division) (Associate)
- Gerontology (Diploma, Certificate and Associate)
- Health Care Management (Associate) (Business, Hospitality & Tourism Division)
Health Science (Associate)
- For actively credentialed health care professionals - options for Management/Marketing, Gerontology, Information Technology, Radiologic Imaging & Social Service
- Human Service/Social Services (Certificate and Associate)
- Mammography & CT (For radiologic technologists)
- Massage Therapist (Non-credit -Can lead to Health Science Associate)
- Medical Assistant (Certificate and Associate)
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist (Non-credit)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (Certificate and Associate)
- Nuclear Medicine Technology (Associate)
- Nurse -LPN (Practical Nurse) (Certificate)
- Nurse -RN (Associate)
- Nurse -RN &LPN Re-Entry & Reactivation (Non-credit)
- Nurse - LPN Transitional Track (LPN to RN) (Associate)
- Nurse Aide (Non-credit)
- Paramedic (EMT-P) (Certificate and Associate)
- Personal Care Home Administrator (Non-credit)
- Personal Trainer (Non-credit)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician (Diploma or Non-credit skills course)
- Physician Office Assistant (Non-credit)
- Pre-Health Professions (Associate)
Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse (PHRN) (Non-credit)
- Radiologic Imaging Track for Health Science (Associate)
- Radiologic Technologist (Associate)
- Radiology Informatics/PACS Administrator
- Respiratory Therapist (Associate)
- Surgical Technologist (Certificate and Associate)
How do I enroll in the credit health career programs?
To enroll in a credit health career program:
- View How to Apply to HACC and submit your application and apply for financial aid
- Request your high school (and prior college) transcripts
- Schedule placement tests and attend New Student Orientation
- Call Michael Turi, Health Careers Recruiter, for additional information (717) 780-1132.
- View Meet Your Recruiter
How do I enroll in the non-credit health career programs?
- To register for a class, contact the registration office (717) 780-2414 or go to any campus Welcome Center.
- You do not need to complete a college application.
- You may be required to take placement tests.
- Call Workforce Healthcare Education (717) 780-1351/1352 for additional information.