Health Careers Programs
The Health and Public Service Department offers multiple programs for HACC students. Learn about our programs, requirements and enrollment information.
What programs does the department offer?
Download a Summary of our Programs (pdf, rev 2/14). The list includes campus location for clinicals and availability of part-time and evening options.
How many credits does HACC require for the credit health career programs?
- Diploma (minimum 16 credits)
- Certificate (minimum 30 credits)
- Associate (minimum 61 credits)
How do I enroll in the credit health career programs?
To enroll in HACC's credit health career programs, you must submit three documents:
- Application to HACC
- High school transcripts
- Placement testing scores
What are non-credit health career programs?
Review our list of health career programs at HACC:
- ACLS, PALS (Non-credit)
- Cardiac Sonographer (Associate)
- Cardiology Technician (EKG) (Non-credit)
- Cardiovascular Technologist - Invasive (Associate)
- CPR (Non-credit)
- Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Paramedic (CCEMT-P) (for EMT-Ps and RNs)
- CT &Mammography (For radiologic technologists)
- Dental Assistant (Certificate) &EFDA
- Dental Expanded Functions Dental Auxiliary Program (EFDA)
- Dental Hygienist (Associate) (Includes Local Anesthesia for Hygienists)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Ultrasound) (Associate)
- Education (Early Childhood &Elementary Education) (Diploma, Certificate and Associate)
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) (Non-credit)
- Emergency Medical Technician (Includes EMS academy) (Non-credit)
- Exercise Science-Physical Education (Education Division) (Associate)
- Gerontology (Diploma and Certificate)
- Healthcare IT Specialist (Non-credit)
- Health Care Management (Associate) (Business, Hospitality & Tourism Division)
- Health Science (Associate)
- Human Service/Social Services (Certificate and Associate)
- Mammography &CT (For radiologic technologists)
- Massage Therapist (Non-credit -Can lead to Health Science Associate)
- Medical Assistant (Certificate and Associate)
- Medical Coding Specialist (Non-credit)
- Medical Insurance Billing (Non-credit)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (Certificate and Associate)
- Medical Office Technician (Non-credit)
- Nuclear Medicine Technology (Associate)
- Nurse -LPN (Practical Nurse) (Certificate)
- Nurse -RN (Associate)
- Nurse -RN &LPN Re-Entry &Reactivation (Non-credit)
- Nurse - LPN Transitional Track (LPN to RN) (Associate)
- Nurse Aide (Non-credit)
- Paramedic (EMT-P) (Certificate and Associate)
- Personal Care Home Administrator (Non-credit)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician (Diploma or Non-credit skills course)
- Physician Office Assistant (Non-credit)
- Pre-Chiropractor (Associate)
- Pre-Health Professions (Associate)
- Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse (PHRN) (Non-credit)
- Radiologic Technologist (Associate)
- Respiratory Therapist (Associate)
- Surgical Technologist (Certificate and Associate)
How do I enroll in the non-credit health career programs?
You do not need to apply to HACC to enroll in non-credit health career programs. HACC may require you to take placement testing.