Nurse - RN and LPN Re-Entry & Reactivation
Learn about our Nurse - RN and LPN Re-Entry &Reactivation.
What is the goal of this program?
HACC designed this program for RNs and LPNs who want to reinstate their nursing license. The program is also ideal for updating knowledge and skills.
Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing approves the program. The program:
- Provides clinical experience and classroom lectures
- Refreshes skills
- Builds confidence
- Provides insight into new techniques and technology
The core focuses are:
- The nursing process
- Current nursing practices
- Ethical/legal issues
- Clinical management of patients
Students will learn:
- Assessment skills
- Care plans
- Infection control
- Technological advancements
- Quality assurance
- Drug administration.
What are some program highlights?
- Nursing and the law
- Diabetic update
- Acid base balance —fluid and electrolytes
- Pharmacology update
- Pre-, intra- and post-operative nursing
- Scope of medical-surgical nursing
Students will learn how to care for clients with:
- Cardiopulmonary disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Gastro-intestinal disorders
- Renal disease
- Musculoskeletal disorders
What are the program requirements?
- Valid PA RN/LPN license
- Malpractice insurance
- Current CPR certification
- Physical examination
- Current immunization status
- PPD (two-step)
- PA State Police criminal background check
- Clinical attire
- Current health insurance information
How do I register?
There are two ways to register:
- Call the Welcome Center at (717) 780-2414. You can pay using Visa, Discover or MasterCard. You must indicate Section Number (CRN) of class.
- Take or mail the Enrollment Form to any HACC Welcome Center. You can pay with check or money order.
What materials do I need for the program?
Your instructor will provide a binder of pertinent information. You will receive these on the first day of class.
You can purchase books at the HACC Overholt Bookstore or online. Call (717)-780-2538.
When does HACC hold classes?
Download Current Dates Offered (pdf, rev 6/14).
Who can I contact for more information?
Administrative Support Specialist