Health Careers Shadowing
HACC encourages you to arrange an in-depth, one-on-one shadowing experience with a professional in your career area. Below is contact information for local hospitals.
- Your first step is to check the admission criteria for your program to see if shadowing is required, or if there are specific instructions and forms
- Image is everything
- Remember to present a professional image.
- Dress and act professionally and appropriately when arranging and attending your shadowing day.
- Some facilities may require you to complete background checks and have a flu shot.
- Some facilities may want at least a month advance notice of your desired shadow date.
To arrange shadowing, contact the hospital or health-care facility.
Before you begin making contacts, check the admission criteria for your program to make sure you are following the proper procedure if shadowing is required.
To set up a shadowing opportunity, contact:
- Carlisle Regional Medical Center. Contact Patty Holby, Recruiter, 717-960-3253 for an information packet. Visit http://www.carlislermc.com.
- Chambersburg Hospital (Summit Health). Contact Kim Taylor at 717-262-4628 for specific questions or learn more online and complete the online shadowing application.
- Ephrata Hospital. Contact Volunteer Services at 717-738-6117 or learn more online.
- Gettysburg Hospital (Wellspan). Contact Human Resources at 717-334-4197. Access an application online.
- Good Samaritan Hospital (Lebanon). Contact Educational Services at 717-270-7759
- Hamilton Health Center (Harrisburg). Contact Human Resources at 717-230-3991 or learn more online.
- Hanover Hospital. Contact Volunteer Services at 717-316-2136 or learn more online.
- Holy Spirit Hospital (Camp Hill). Contact Darlene Heiges in Volunteer Services, 717-763-2656 or learn more online.
- Lancaster General. Shadowing is open during the months of February, May and September through November. Human Resources must arrange shadowing. Learn more online.
- Lancaster Regional Medical Center. Contact Bonnie Goloski, Director of Volunteer Services, 717-291-8126 or learn more online.
- Memorial Hospital (York). Learn more online.
- Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. Contact the Office of Academic Placement or learn more online.
- PinnacleHealth. Learn more online.
- Waynesboro Hospital (Summit Health). Contact Kim Taylor at 717-262-4628 for specific questions. Learn more online and complete the online shadowing application.
- York Hospital (Wellspan). Contact Wellspan Human Resources at 717-851-2302 or learn more online.
Hospital locations and driving directions