Procurement & Contracts Department
Learn about HACC's Procurement & Contracts Department.
What does the Procurement & Contracts Department do?
HACC's Procurement & Contracts Department works with user departments to:
- Prepare delivery schedules.
Write quality and quantity specifications for items and services. These items and services will be purchased.
The Procurement & Contracts Department is responsible for:
- Providing user departments with current information. Information includes new products and services, alternative materials and costs.
- Encouraging competition among vendors. We achieve this through negotiation, competitive bidding and contract buying.
- Ensuring purchase orders and contracts contain all necessary conditions. These conditions can include guarantees, warranties, governmental regulations, shipping instructions, credit terms and discounts.
- Developing records to determine supplies, services and equipment requirements.
Maintaining adequate records and files of requisitions, purchase orders, vendors, catalogs, product information and prices.
Who can I contact for more information?
Procurement Services & Contracts
Oral communication with any other College employee, unit, department, or organization concerning any RFP is not binding on the College and shall in no way modify the RFP, or the obligation of the College or the Vendor, and may deem the Proposal void.