|The duties of the Purchasing Department is to:
1. Prepare, with the cooperation of user departments, delivery schedules, quality and quantity specifications for items and services to be purchased.
2. Provide user departments with current information on new products and services, alternative materials and costs.
3. Encourage competition among vendors through negotiation, competitive bidding and contract buying.
4. Insure that purchase orders and contracts contain all necessary conditions, such as guarantees, warranties, governmental regulations, shipping instructions, credit terms, and discounts.
5. Develop records as needed to determine requirements of the institution for supplies, services and equipment.
6. Maintain adequate records and files of requisitions, purchase orders, vendors, catalogs, product information and prices
All communication concerning Request for Proposals must be with John Eberly, Vice President of Finance (717-780-2648) or email@example.com). Oral communication with any other College employee, unit, department, or organization concerning any RFP is not binding on the College and shall in no way modify the RFP, or the obligation of the College or the Vendor, and may deem the Proposal void.