"Because student learning is a fundamental component of the mission of most institutions of higher education, the assessment of student learning is an essential component of the assessment of Institutional effectiveness …" (Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 2006)
We joined the Office of Curriculum Compliance and Assessment with the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment. They are now called the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
The Office of Curriculum Compliance and Assessment have many goals. We:
- Oversee HACC's approval process for developing, reviewing, and revising courses and programs.
- Ensure the process and corresponding documents adhere to compliance requirements.
- Are a comprehensive resource for curricular issues.
- Collaborate with faculty, department chairs, administrators and directors/coordinators from Workforce Development. We work on program and course documents.
- Ensure implementation timelines are met. We make sure documents reflect academic excellence.
- Ensure HACC's shared governance committees, the Registrar's Office and all relevant external stakeholders access and review documents.
Our services include:
- Ensuring "all i's are dotted and t's are crossed."
- Alerting stakeholders of new and revised regulations. These include regulations that may impact curricular planning and development.