Health Careers Information Sessions
We invite you to attend a health careers information session to learn more about our programs, the admission process, clinicals, and selective admission process.
What do information sessions cover?
An information session typically covers the following things. RSVP is required. Sessions are open to current and potential students.
- Hear from the program faculty and current students
- Get career information
- Learn about the essential qualifications (physical and behavioral)
- Learn about curriculum and expenses
- Find out what to expect in clinicals, including time commitments
- Learn about selective admission criteria, process, point system and class selection
- Get information on background checks, health forms, drug and alcohol screening, and other requirements
When are information sessions? Email RSVP IS REQUIRED as space is limited. Be sure to include your name, HACCid, phone and email address, along with date and time of session you wish to attend.
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) - Attend an information session during your first semester at HACC - All sessions will be held in Harrisburg, Select Medical Room 103 Wednesday, Jan. 25 (2017), 11 am - 1 pm; Thursday, Feb. 23, 2-4 pm; Monday, March 27, 3-5 pm; Tuesday, April 18, 9-11 am. Preregistration required - email firstname.lastname@example.org - include your name, HACCID, phone number and email address. Space is limited!
Radiologic Technology - Attend a mandatory pre-application information session HELD DURING THE SPRING for students preparing for clinical application in 2017. Information sessions will be held at the Lancaster Campus, East Building Room 305 - Mon., Feb. 13, 9 am; Mon., March 20, 5 pm; Mon., April 10, noon; Mon., May 8, 3 pm. RSVP to email@example.com is required. Be sure to include your name, HACCID, email address and phone number along with the date/time you plan to attend. Download information. (pdf)
Surgical Technology - Attend a Surgical Technology Information Session (pdf) during your first semester at HACC - Thursday, March 23, 3 pm; Tuesday, April 18, 1:30 pm; Monday, May 1, 2:30 pm. RSVP required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org - include your name, HACCID, phone number and email address.
Nursing information sessions - Learn about nursing careers, HACC's programs, time commitment, expenses, TEAS, Essential Qualifications/background checks/health forms, application process. Sessions will be held at the following locations:
- Lancaster Campus - Friday Feb.3, Main 207 1-3 p.m.; Wednesday Feb. 8, East 317 5-7 p.m.; Wednesday Feb. 15, East 317 5-7 p.m. RSVP now to Patsy Lavinia at email@example.com because space is limited.
- Harrisburg Campus - Monday, Feb. 6, 1-3 p.m., Blocker 212; Friday, Feb.10, 3-5 p.m., Blocker 212; Friday, Feb.24, 3-5 p.m., Blocker 212
York Campus - all held in Leader 117 - Monday, Feb. 6, 1-3 p.m.; Wednesday, Feb 8, 4-6p.m.; Friday, Feb. 24,10 a.m. - Noon
Gettysburg Campus - Wednesday, Feb. 22, 1230 in room 120B; Wednesday, March 15, 5 pm in room 120B
Who can I contact for more information?