Nurse - RN
Learn about our Nursing Associate in Science Degree (ADN) (RN) program (368P).
Apply for clinicals - link to the Summer York clinical application (via SurveyMonkey.com) - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RN_York_Sum_18. Deadline to apply is March 15. You must have taken the TEAS (overall score 58.7 or higher) and have a GPA 2.5 or above to apply. Highest TEAS score as of the application date is used in point calculation. You may apply ONE time. Link to point system for York (last time using this point system).
Download nursing curriculum change notification letter for Fall 2018. (pdf)
Download nursing clinical application information and deadlines - Admission Criteria and Essential Qualifications (pdf).
Download TEAS information (pdf)
Download HARRISBURG CAMPUS TEAS prep academic coaching flyer (pdf)
Download Lancaster Campus TEAS Test Schedule (with links to reserve a seat) (pdf)
LANCASTER CAMPUS TEAS Prep Workshops (pdf) See the flier for workshop dates. Join a workshop to…
- Review ATI TEAS test sections
- types of questions in each section
- time allowances per section
- Review test prep strategies and resources
- Learn test day strategies
Nursing Information Sessions
Get answers to all your nursing questions and hear about
- Nursing careers
- HACC's programs
- Time commitment
- Essential Qualifications/Background Checks/Health Forms
- Application process
Monday, May 14, 2018
Lancaster Main 222
RSVP to Patsy Lavinia - firstname.lastname@example.org - be sure to include your name, HACCID and the date and time you wish to attend.
Monday, June 4, 2018
Lancaster Main 222
|Tuesday, April 24, 2018||4-6 p.m.||Select Medical Room 211||RSVP to Aziza Kasmi - email@example.com - be sure to include your name, HACCID, email, phone number and the date and time you wish to attend.|
- Promotes health, prevents disease and helps patients cope with illness
- Advocates and educates patients, families and communities
- Provides and coordinates patient care
- Observes, assesses and records symptoms, reactions and progress
- Has a good knowledge of human biological sciences, math and problem solving
- Works well with others as part of a team
Learn more about a career in nursing (Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook).
Where do nurses (RNs) work?
Nurses work in many varied settings, including:
- Hospitals, rehab centers and long-term care centers
- Outpatient clinics and surgical centers
- Home health, schools and industry
How much does the program cost?
Download Estimated expenses (pdf).
What degree will I earn? Will I be eligible for credentials?
Upon successful completion, you will:
- earn a Nursing Associate in Science Degree (ADN)
- be eligible to sit for the RN licensure exam (NCLEX-RN®) administered by the PA State Board of Nursing
What are the required courses and what is the suggested schedule? How long does the program take to complete? Where are the clinical classes held?
- Download a list of Course requirements/suggested schedule (pdf).
HACC offers full-time day and part-time programs:
- The full-time day program is at Gettysburg, Harrisburg and Lancaster campuses.
- The part-time program is at Harrisburg, Lancaster and York campuses.
- Download part-time evening program requirements and schedule (pdf)
- You can take general education (prerequisite) courses at other campuses and sites.
What are the program clinical admission criteria and how do I apply for clinicals?
- Admission to HACC does not guarantee admission to the clinical component of the program. You begin as a pre-nursing student and work closely with your advisor to prepare to apply to the clinical/core component.
- You are required to meet with a Health Careers advisor and complete general education courses before applying for the clinical portion.
- Download clinical application information and deadlines - Admission Criteria and Essential Qualifications (pdf).
- Apply for clinicals - link to the Summer York clinical application (via SurveyMonkey.com) - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RN_York_Sum_18. Deadline to apply is March 15. You must have taken the TEAS (overall score 58.7 or higher) and have a GPA 2.5 or above to apply. Highest TEAS score as of the application date is used in point calculation. You may apply ONE time.
- You must submit (to the Admissions Office) official high school transcripts (with graduation date) or GED.
- You can download Nursing Verification of High School Graduation Requirement (pdf)
- If you graduated from a foreign high school or college, transcripts must be evaluated by a HACC-approved credential evaluation service (pdf)
Is the program accredited?
The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
What is the Student Achievement Outcome Data?
|OVERALL NCLEX FIRST TIME PASS RATE HACC Nursing|
|Oct. 1, 2016 - Sept. 30, 2017||91.93%|
|Oct. 1, 2015 – Sept. 30, 2016||89.23%|
|Oct. 1, 2014 – Sept. 30, 2015||85.88%|
|Program Completion||NCLEX-RN First Time Pass Rate||Job Placement|
|Class of August 2017 (60 grads)||62%||97.06%||TBD|
|Class of May 2017 (113 grads)||75%||93.58%||TBD|
|Class of December 2016 (176 grads)||71.4%||89.76%||98%|
|Class of August 2016 (21 grads)||84%||90.00%||99%|
|Class of May 2016 (137 grads)||82%||91.70%||98%|
|Class of December 2015||72.43%||91.38%||94%|
Can I advance my education in this field?
- You can pursue a Bachelor's degree with a major in nursing (BSN). You can also pursue a masters or doctorate degree.
- You can earn your BSN from:
- Alvernia College
- Drexel University and Online
- Eastern Mennonite University
- Eastern University —St. David's
- Immaculata University —Accelerated and Online
- Indiana University of PA
- Millersville University
- Penn State University —Harrisburg, Mont Alto and York
- York College
- HACC has dual-admission agreements with Millersville University and Eastern Mennonite University.
- These agreements ensure seamless transmission to completion of a BSN within 12-18 months after graduation.
- Classes are held at Millersville University, Eastern Mennonite University and HACC's York and Harrisburg campuses.
- University representatives are available on HACC campuses monthly to discuss the programs
- For specific questions or information contact a nursing advisor.
How can I get more information?
- Download the Nursing Student Handbook (pdf). (includes dosage calculations requirements)
- Download Nursing program conceptual framework (pdf)
- Visit Career Infonet. You will find salary and job outlook statistics, career videos and licensing requirements.
- Visit allnurses.com.
- Visit the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- Visit the PA State Board of Nursing.
Who can I contact for more information?
Nursing Program Office — Gettysburg Campus
731 Old Harrisburg Road, Room 300
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Nursing Program Office — Harrisburg Campus
Select Medical, Room 218
One HACC Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Nursing Program Office — Lancaster Campus
Main Building, Room 215
1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602
Nursing Program Office —York Campus
Leader Building, Room 136
2010 Pennsylvania Avenue
York, PA 17404