Learn about our Radiologic Technologist Associate Degree program -Lancaster Campus.
What is the objective of the program?
Download Rad Tech Program Mission Statement, Goals, Learning Outcomes (pdf, rev 8/14).
Do I qualify for the program?
Admission to HACC does not guarantee admission to the clinical component of our programs. Once you are a pre-rad tech student, work with your adviser to apply to the clinical/core component of the program.
If you have a criminal background, including a DUI, you may take advantage of the The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists® Ethics Pre-Application Review.
How do I enroll in the program?
- Download Admission Criteria and Essential Qualifications (pdf, rev 7/3/14).
- View the Prezi presentation "
Radiologic Technology: Take a Closer Look." Then
take the post-test.
- Research the questions from the Information Quest and take the post-test.
- Read "Becoming a Radiologic Technologist" by Jeremy Enfinger and take the post-test.
- Attend a mandatory pre-application session - in 2015 - Feb. 16, 9-10 am;Feb. 25, 3-4 pm; March 16,
5-6 pm; April 1, noon-1 pm (more information coming soon) for students preparing for clinical application in 2015
HACC's radiologic technologist program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
20 N. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
Where does HACC hold classes?
HACC holds classes at the Lancaster Campus. Some courses are offered at the Harrisburg Campus. The program office is:
East Building, Room 207
1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602
What are the required courses?
Download Required Courses (pdf, rev 9/13). It includes a suggested schedule.
When and where does HACC hold radiologic technology clinicals?
Your clinical day is 8.5 hours long, between 7 a.m. to 6 .pm. during most rotations with some 1 p.m., 9:30 p.m. rotations during the last 2 semesters. You will be busy five days a week, including lectures, lab classes and clinicals.
You will be assigned to sites at various local hospitals in Lancaster, Harrisburg, Chambersburg, Carlisle, Brandywine, and West Grove.
How do I apply to clinicals?
Fill out the clinical application for Spring 2016 (Survey Monkey) The link will be available Spring semester, 2015.
How much does the program cost?
Download Estimated Expenses (pdf, rev 5/14).
Program effectiveness data
- 5 year (2009-2013) program first attempt ARRT Credentialing Examination pass rate of graduates who take the exam within 6 months of graduation: 95.5% (85 out of 89 passed on the first attempt)
- 2013 program first attempt ARRT Credentialing Examination pass rate: 94% (17 out of 18 graduates passed on the first attempt)
- 5 year (2009-2013) program completion rate: 81% (99 graduated out of 122 students accepted)
- 2013 program completion rate: 72% (18 graduated out of 25 accepted students)
- 2014 program completion rate: 74% (23 graduated out of 31 accepted students)
- 5 year (2009-2013) program job placement rate within 12 months of graduation: 86% (67 out of 78 graduates who were actively seeking employment during the 12 months after graduation were employed)
- 2013 program job placement rate of students seeking employment within 12 months of graduation: 100% (13 out of 13 graduates who were actively seeking employment during the 12 months after graduation were employed)
How can I learn more about the program?
What Does it Take to Be a Successful HACC Rad Tech Student? (pdf).
What degree will I earn? Will I be eligible for credentials?
Once successfully completed, you will receive an associate's degree in science.
Graduates meeting the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) ethical requirements will be eligible to sit for the ARRT certification in radiography.
Where can I advance my education in this field?
Download La Roche College Bachelor of Arts Medical Imaging Degree Completion Program (agreement) (pdf, rev 4/14).
Where can I get more information?
Radiologic Technology - Take a Closer Look Prezi presentation.
Who can I contact for more information?
(717) 780-1988 or 800-222-4222, ext. 211988