CT & Mammography
Learn about our CT & Mammography courses.
Do I qualify for the courses?
CT students must be registered in or eligible for these AART primary certifications:
- Radiation Therapy
Mammography students must be registered or eligible for AART's primary certification in Radiology.
How do I enroll in the program?
Clinical Course Admission Criteria, Essential Qualifications, Code of Ethics (pdf, rev 7/24/13).
- Download Application & Registration Information (pdf, rev 9/23/13).
The following corequisite and prerequisites are required for the clinical course:
- Mammography: RADT 282G Mammographic Patient Care and Procedures and RADT 282D Mammographic Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
- CT: RADT 282A -Computed Tomography Procedures, Patient Care, and Safety I and RADT 282C -Sel Topics Computer Tomography Sectional Anatomy &Pathology
You need to complete and document the following to attend the clinical course:
- Ethical Eligibility Form
- Federal Background Check (Cogent Systems)
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Radiation Dosimetry Device Information Form
- Permission for Photography, Quotes, Videography Form
- Health Exam Forms
- Urine Drug/Alcohol Screening (Concentra)
- Student Statement of Release Form
- CPR (American Heart Association Healthcare Provider)
- Clinical Release and Agreement
When does HACC hold classes?
HACC offers five courses in both CT and Mammography. Four of those courses will be online didactic instruction and one will be an optional clinical course.
What are the required courses?
Mammography and CT
- First seven weeks of the semester (final exams in the seventh week) Patient Care and Procedures (3 credits), and Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology (3 credits)
- Second seven weeks of the semester (final exams in the seventh week) Advanced Procedures (3 credits) and Instrumentation, Quality Assurance, and Imaging. (3 credits)
- Full 14-week semester (16 hours a week with flexible scheduling) Clinical (2 credits)
The didactic courses can be taken together or individually for category A CEUs. Once course satisfies all of the biennium ARRT requirements.
How much does the program cost?
Download Estimated Expenses (pdf, rev 5/14).
Will I be eligible for credentials?
If you complete the didactic and clinical courses you will meet the educational and clinical experience requirements to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist's (ARRT) post primary certification examination in CT or Mammography.
Where can I get more information?
Download FAQ (pdf, rev 7/24/13).
Who can I contact for more information?