Computed Tomography (CT) & Mammography
Learn about our CT & Mammography courses. The next CT course will begin Fall Semester 2015. Mammography will begin Summer 2015.
Do I qualify for the courses?
CT students must be registered in or eligible for these AART primary certifications:
- Radiation Therapy
- OR or certified in nuclear medicine by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
How do I enroll in the program?
Clinical Course Admission Criteria, Essential Qualifications, Code of Ethics (pdf, rev 7/24/13).
- Download Application & Registration Information (pdf, rev 11/14).
The following corequisite and prerequisites are required for the clinical course:
- Mammography: Mammographic Patient Care and Procedures and Mammographic Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology are prerequisites for the Mammography Clinical Course.
- CT: Computed Tomography Procedures, Patient Care, and Safety I and Computer Tomography Sectional Anatomy & Pathology are corequisites for the first CT clinical course. The first clinical course is a prerequisite for the second clinical course.
You need to complete and document the following to attend the clinical course:
- Ethical Eligibility Form
- Federal Background Check (Cogent Systems)
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Radiation Dosimetry Device Information Form
- Permission for Photography, Quotes, Videography Form
- Health Exam Forms
- Urine Drug/Alcohol Screening (Concentra)
- Student Statement of Release Form
- CPR (American Heart Association Healthcare Provider)
- Clinical Release and Agreement
When does HACC hold classes?
CT courses are sequenced in Fall and Spring semesters.
Mammography courses are sequenced in Summer and Fall semesters.
The didactic courses will be on-line and the clinical courses will be at an affiliated clinical site in the region.
What are the required courses?
CT - Annually - beginning Fall Semester
- First semester (Fall) - Patient Care and Procedures (3 credits), Sectional Anatomy and Pathology (3 credits) and Introduction to Clinical Practice (2 credits)
- Second semester (Spring) - Advanced Procedures (3 credits), Physics, Instrumentation and Imaging (3 credits)
- Full 14 weeks of the semester- optional Clinical Course (240 hours with flexible scheduling) (2 credits)
Mammography - Annually - beginning Summer Semester
- First semester (Summer ) - Patient Care and Procedures (3 credits), and Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology (3 credits)
- Second semester (Fall) - Advanced Procedures (3 credits) and Instrumentation, Quality Assurance, and Imaging. (3 credits), and Clinical (240 hours with flexible scheduling) (2 credits)
The didactic courses can be taken together or individually for category A CEs. One course satisfies all of the biennium ARRT requirements.
How much does the program cost?
Download Estimated Expenses (pdf, rev 5/14).
Will I be eligible for credentials?
If you complete the didactic and clinical courses you will meet the educational and clinical experience requirements to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist's (ARRT) post primary certification examination in CT or Mammography.
Who can I contact for more information/Program Office?
HACC Lancaster Campus
East Building Rm 207
1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602