Technology Studies: Diploma (0640)
Do you enjoy technology, but are you unsure which area to pursue? If you have interests in science and technology and enjoy working with computer software programs, our Technology Studies Diploma Program may be for you. We allow you to choose coursework in a number of technology areas to meet your interests and/or career goals.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
You will be able to find entry-level employment in technology-dependent fields, such as:
- Automated systems maintenance and manufacturing
- Building construction and codes
- Computer technology
- Electrical, civil and municipal engineering
- Field supervision
- Heating, ventilating and air-conditioning
- Machine design
- Project management
You are most likely to succeed if you:
- Demonstrate skills in math and science
- Are a team player
- Enjoy figuring out how machines work
- Have an interest in a number of fields
- Are detail-oriented
- Can effectively communicate
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
What is HACC’s program like?
Our innovative program gives you the flexibility to tailor your coursework to meet your specific interests and/or career goals. As you complete our program, you will:
- Utilize computer programs and recognize the importance of computers in today’s technology
- Demonstrate specialized vocation skills in the chosen specialty area
Federal regulations required that the College disclose specific gainful employment information. This link will provide you with information on complete rates and placement, program costs and median loan debt.
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Our diploma program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education, we encourage you to explore our full list of programs, including the certificate in home and building remodeling and associate degree in Technology Studies.
Where can I complete this program?
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
When can I apply?
Enroll in our classes in the spring, summer and fall by applying online. When you submit your application, please be sure to include program code 0640. This code ensures sure you apply to the correct program.
How can I learn more?