Police Academy/Act 120
Learn about Police Academy/Act 120 training at HACC’s Senator Jeffrey E. Piccola Law Enforcement Complex (PLEC)
Municipal Police Academy/Act 120 Training
As the need for education and training of municipal police officers increases, the PLEC continues to meet this need as a certified law enforcement training center under the MPOETC Act 120.
How can I receive more information on Law Enforcement training programs at HACC?
- Call 800-222-4222, Ext. 2562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our Welcome Center at 717-780-2414
- View 2017 Law Enforcement Training Calendar (pdf)
- View 2018 Law Enforcement Training Calendar (pdf)
Police Academy Outline:
- Intro to the Academy and Law Enforcement
- Physical and Emotional Readiness
- Law & Procedures
- Defensive Tactics & Handling Arrested Persons
- Motor Vehicle Law/Accident & Collision Investigation
- Patrol Procedures & Operations
- Principles of Criminal Investigation/Report Writing/Case Preparation
- Human Relations
- Crisis Management & Families in Crisis
- Basic Firearms
- Operation of Patrol Vehicles
- First Aid & CPR
Cadets who complete the Police Academy are eligible for 21 academic credit hours if they enroll in the Criminal Justice program at HACC.
We are now accepting applications for the 113th Full-Time and the 19th Part-Time academy until Nov. 29, 2017.
Psychological Exam Form (pdf)
Physical Exam Form (pdf)