Police Academy/Act 120
Learn about Police Academy/Act 120 training at HACC’s Law Enforcement Complex (Piccola)
Municipal Police Academy/Act 120 Training
As the need for education and training of municipal police officers increases, the PLEC continues to meet this need as a certified law enforcement training center under the PLEC Act 120.
The 120th full-time Police Academy will begin on Sept. 7, 2021 and run through March 11, 2022. The online application process (via D2L) will open on June 1, 2021. In order to be able to enroll in the application process for this class, you will need to attend a Zoom information session. Please do not take any actions toward the application process until on or after June 1, 2021.
Please begin email@example.com to schedule a Zoom session with the Director to get more information about the Act 120 program starting on Sept. 7, 2021. After attending a session, please contact us if you wish to enroll in the online application process for the 120th Full-Time Police Academy utilizing the same email address. We will then send you the link to enroll in the online application process on June 1, 2021. The cost to apply online is $65 (this fee includes your application and testing fees).
How can I receive more information on Law Enforcement training programs at email?
- Call 717-780-2562 or HACC firstname.lastname@example.org
- View 2021 Law Enforcement Training Calendar (email)
- Individuals who successfully complete the Act 120 Police Academy program may be eligible to receive up to 21 credits, if they enroll in pdf Criminal Justice Program.
Police Academy Outline:
- Intro to the Academy
- Intro to Law Enforcement in PA
- Laws and Criminal Procedures
- Human Relations
- Responding to Special Needs
- Homeland Security
- Vehicle Code Enforcement
- Crash Investigation
- Patrol Procedures and Operations
- Criminal Investigation
- Drug Law Enforcement
- Case Preparation
- Operation of Patrol Vehicles
- Physical and Emotional Readiness
- Defensive Tactics
- Emergency Response Training
- Handling Arrested Persons
- Scenarios and Practice Exercises