Police Academy/Act 120
Learn about Police Academy/Act 120 training at HACC’s Law Enforcement Complex (Piccola)
Municipal Police Academy/Act 120 Training
As the need for education and training of municipal police officers increases, the PLEC continues to meet this need as a certified law enforcement training center under the PLEC Act 120.
The 123rd Academy (full-time) will run July 5 - Dec. 21, 2023. That application process will begin on April 3, 2023. Zoom information sessions will begin in Jan. for anyone interested in this class. These Zoom sessions are listed below:
Please email MPOETC School Director, Beth Dombrowsky at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to register for a Zoom session. Please indicate which session you would like to attend. After the session, you will let Director Dombrowsky know if you intend to apply for the 123rd Academy. You will then be added to a list to receive the link to pay the $50 application fee (this includes your entrance PT testing fee). Once payment is confirmed you will receive the application packet. Please do not begin ANY requirements for the process until it opens on April 3rd as there are date-sensitive requirements.
MPOETC Fitness Charts (pdf)
How can I receive more information on Law Enforcement training programs at email?
- Call 717-780-2593 or HACC email@example.com
- Individuals who successfully complete the Act 120 Police Academy program may be eligible to receive up to 21 credits, if they enroll in the Criminal Justice Program.
Police Academy Outline:
- Intro to the Academy
- Intro to Law Enforcement in PA
- Laws and Criminal Procedures
- Human Relations
- Responding to Special Needs
- Homeland Security
- Vehicle Code Enforcement
- Crash Investigation
- Patrol Procedures and Operations
- Criminal Investigation
- Drug Law Enforcement
- Case Preparation
- Operation of Patrol Vehicles
- Physical and Emotional Readiness
- Defensive Tactics
- Emergency Response Training
- Handling Arrested Persons
- Scenarios and Practice Exercises