Registration and Policies

Learn about registration policies for classes at the Senator John J. Shumaker Public Safety Center.


How do I register for classes at the PSC?

Call 717-780-2414. We encourage early registration. Classes fill quickly.

HACC reserves the right to charge, increase or change a fee. We will cancel the class if it does not meet the minimum enrollment by 15 calendar days before the start date.

Companies can complete an online Registration with a Permission to Bill form here!


Can we arrange for training at my location?

We can provide programs at your training site.


Can I get a refund?

WFD Refund Policy - Effective July 1, 2019

If HACC cancels a course, training, seminar, conference or trip/tour, all paid participants will receive a 100% refund of all tuition and fees. Any student who wishes to drop a course may do so by visiting or calling any of the campus Welcome Centers. These requests must be made no less than one (1) calendar day prior to the first class meeting date to be eligible for a full refund of tuition and fees, except for any tuition or fees noted as nonrefundable.


Unless otherwise specifically stated or approved, no refund will be issued after a class start date. We do not issue partial refunds in the event a student starts a class late or does not complete the class. Students receiving Title IV Financial Aid will be subject to the federal regulations regarding withdrawal of classes. Financial Aid eligibility will be recalculated based on dates of participation in financial aid eligible programs.


What is the no-show policy?

The no-show policy involves failing to attend a course without notifying the PSC prior to the class start date. We will withdraw you from other classes/programs for the remainder of the year.


What is HACC's policy on discrimination?

HACC does not discriminate in admission or employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of:

  • Race
  • Color
  • Religion
  • Political affiliation or belief
  • Age
  • Sex
  • National origin
  • Ancestry
  • Non-job related disability
  • Place of birth
  • General Education Development Certificate (GED)
  • Marital status
  • Sexual orientation
  • Veteran status

Contact the Office of Human Resources. We can answer your questions about affirmative action.


Who can I contact for information regarding disabilities?

Contact Learning Support Services at 717-780-2456. We will provide information regarding:

  • Services
  • Activities
  • Facilities


Who can I contact for more information about classes at the PSC?

Call 717-780-2510 or 800-222-4222, ext. 2510.