Suppression Level Fire Training Programs
The following courses are designed for firefighters to practice recognized techniques for combating fires in attics, basements, cocklofts; and fire dynamics as they relate to the fire growth/development in structures.
- Fire Attack at Attic Fires
- Fire Attack at Basement Fires
- Flashover Recognition Training
- Structural Burn Session
- Structural Fire Rescue (SFR)
The following courses are designed for firefighters to understand the basic knowledge to reinforce the evidence based research conducted by Underwriters Laboratories (UL), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF); other fire service organizations; and reading smoke techniques.
- Fire Dynamics: Fundamentals (FDF)
- Fire Dynamics: Strategy and Tactics (FDST)
- Reading Smoke
The following courses prepare fire department personnel for implementation of a stand-by rescue team at structure fires and certain other incidents skills and abilities to function on the fire ground as a member of a Rapid Intervention Team (RIT).
- Rapid Intervention Teams Introduction (PSFA-RITC)
- Rapid Intervention Teams Operations I
- Rapid Intervention Teams Operations II
The Firefighter Survival 16-hour course will enable firefighters to become more familiar with procedures that may be used to save, prevent or perhaps lessen the seriousness of injuries to other firefighters or themselves. This course will explain the required skills and knowledge relative to the rescue procedures needed for self-rescue.
- Firefighter Survival (PSFA-SURV)
During this 8-hour Hands-On Forcible Entry course, participants will be able to practice conventional and through-the-lock techniques on doors, but also operate multiple cutting torches and various types of power saws to break through concrete and metal enclosures.
- Hands-On Forcible Entry
The following courses are designed to build upon and refine the skills and knowledge required for providing effective Truck Company Operations.
- Truck Company Operations I (PSFA-TRCO)
- Truck Company Operations II (PSFA-ATRC)
How can I register for the Suppression Level training programs at HACC?