Blended/Online Fire Training Programs
Fire Officer Programs
These are very intensive programs designed to provide current and aspiring officers and officer candidates from career, volunteer, federal, and combination fire service organizations with an educationally sound, objective-based course of instruction based on NFPA 1021- Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications, Chapter 4, 2014 Edition. Students are required to actively participate in interactive exercises in addition to submit numerous assignments online through the Desire2Learn platform.
- Fire Officer I Blended/Online Training Program
Prerequisites: Firefighter II (IFSAC or Pro-Board), Fire Instructor I, current Hazardous Material Operations Certification (IFSAC or Pro-Board) or yearly training, ICS 200- Basic ICS (or equivalent).
- Fire Officer II Blended/Online Training Program
Prerequisites: Fire Officer I (IFSAC or Pro-Board), Firefighter II Fire Instructor I, current Hazardous Material Operations Certification (IFSAC or Pro-Board) or yearly training and ICS 200- Basic ICS (or equivalent).
Hazardous Materials Program
These programs meet the NFPA 472 Competencies for the First Responder at the Awareness or Operational Level, and 29 CFR 1910.120 OSHA's Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER). The primary target audiences for these courses are First Responders (fire, rescue, emergency medical, police, etc.). Please check on the links below to read a full course description for each course.
- Hazardous Materials Awareness (4 hours) - 100% Online
- Hazardous Materials Refresher/Air Monitoring Specific (6 hours) - 100% Online
- Hazardous Materials Operations Refresher/Core Competency (3.5 hours) - Blended
- Upon completion of this online course, students are provided the opportunity to register for a 3.5 hour face-to-face mission specific course to complete their training.
How can I register for the Blended/Online training programs at HACC?
- Visit HACC's Noncredit Course Catalogue to register for Fire Training programs being offered through June 30, 2021.
- Visit HACC's Noncredit Course Catalogue to register for Fire Training programs being offered after July 1, 2021.
- Call 717-780-2414 for additional information
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Office of State Fire Academy (OFSC)