Urban Search & Rescue Training
What is Urban Search and Rescue Training?
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, has partnered with in-state Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) resources to offer a series of training classes that will help prepare emergency responders to locate victims and manage recovery operations during a disaster event.
These courses are offered in partnership with the South Central Task Force and are funded through Homeland Security Grant Funds.
South Central Task Force reserves the right to prioritize selections and students selected will be confirmed two weeks before the class start dates.
The Structural Collapse Specialist (Technician) course provides you with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform rescues at structural collapse scenes due to natural disasters or terrorist incidents. This course is nine days in length, with 10 hours of training each day, for a total of 90 hours.
Dates: March 12, 13, 14, 26, 27, 28, April 9, 10 and 11, 2021
Cost per student: $2,500.00
In Region Members, please complete Permission to Bill here! and reference CRN 60739.
The Technical Search Specialist course provides students with the knowledge, skills and abailities necessary to perform technical search functions for a US&R team during a disaster or planned event. This course provies all of the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities for technical search personnel to develop strategy and tactics to implement searches during recon and operations at structural collapse operations. It provides the necessary instruction on use, care, aminteance and tactical applications of all search tools carried in the cache and provides information on how technical search integrates into the overall operation. This course is 28 hours of face-to-face training, taughter over three days.
Dates: March 2 & 3, 3032; 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. and March 4, 2021; 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Cost per student: $1,500.00
In Region Members, please complete Permission to Bill here! and reference CRN 61200.
Where are the classes located?
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College
John J. Shumaker Public Safety Center
One HACC Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Need a place to stay during your training?
The Staybridge Suites is pleased to offer a special rate for HACC. You can make reservations by calling the hotel directly at 717-233-3304 and press 0 or by using your specific online bookling link.
Direct booking link: HACC Rate at Staybridge Suites
How can I receive more information on these US&R programs at HACC?
- Call 717-780-2607
- Email email@example.com
Students who enroll will:
- Train in a world class facility at HACC’s Senator John J. Shumaker Public Safety Center on HACC’s Harrisburg Campus
- Follow curriculum that is exacted from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) course curriculum
- Learn from DHS/FEMA qualified instructors from PA-TF1 as well as other qualified US&R system instructors from around the country
- Earn federal equivalency for qualifying personnel through the US&R Program Office once the course is completed and submitted for approval.
- Take advantage of blended format class delivery that includes a computer based training (CBT) component that students will need to complete attending the practical component of these classes.