Urban Search & Rescue Training
What is Urban Search and Rescue Training?
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, has partnered with in-state Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) resources to offer a series of training classes that will help prepare emergency responders to locate victims and manage recovery operations during a disaster event.
Where are the classes located?
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College
John J. Shumaker Public Safety Center
One HACC Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Need a place to stay during your training?
The Staybridge Suites is pleased to offer a special rate for HACC. You can make reservations by calling the hotel directly at 717-233-3304 and press 0 or by using your specific online bookling link.
Direct booking link: HACC Rate at Staybridge Suites
How can I receive more information on these US&R programs at HACC?
- Call 717-780-2607
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who enroll will:
- Train in a world class facility at HACC’s Senator John J. Shumaker Public Safety Center on HACC’s Harrisburg Campus
- Follow curriculum that is exacted from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) course curriculum
- Learn from DHS/FEMA qualified instructors from PA-TF1 as well as other qualified US&R system instructors from around the country
- Earn federal equivalency for qualifying personnel through the US&R Program Office once the course is completed and submitted for approval.
- Take advantage of blended format class delivery that includes a computer based training (CBT) component that students will need to complete attending the practical component of these classes.
Coming soon - Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 class offerings!