Urban Search & Rescue Training
What is Urban Search and Rescue Training?
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, has partnered with in-state Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) resources to offer a series of training classes that will help prepare emergency responders to locate victims and manage recovery operations during a disaster event.
These courses are offered in partnership with the South Central Task Force and are funded through Homeland Security Grant Funds.
South Central Task Force reserves the right to prioritize selections and students selected will be confirmed two weeks before the class start dates.
Please check back for upcoming training opportunities.
Where are the classes located?
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College
John J. Shumaker Public Safety Center
One HACC Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Need a place to stay during your training?
How can I receive more information on these US&R programs at HACC?
- Call 717-780-2607
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who enroll will:
- Train in a world class facility at HACC’s Senator John J. Shumaker Public Safety Center on HACC’s Harrisburg Campus
- Follow curriculum that is exacted from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) course curriculum
- Learn from DHS/FEMA qualified instructors from PA-TF1 as well as other qualified US&R system instructors from around the country
- Earn federal equivalency for qualifying personnel through the US&R Program Office once the course is completed and submitted for approval.
- Take advantage of blended format class delivery that includes a computer based training (CBT) component that students will need to complete attending the practical component of these classes.