Driver/Operator Fire Training Programs
HACC's Senator John J. Shumaker Public Safety Center does not provide vehicles to students for these programs. Students must provide an emergency services vehicle in order to complete the skills portion of these programs.
- Aerial Apparatus Practices (PSFA-AELA)
This is a 16-hour program is designed to introduce students to the basic design and operation of fire service aerial devices.
- Emergency Vehicle Driver Training Program (PSFA-EVOC)
This is a 16-hour course that instructs firefighters and emergency responders to operate emergency vehicles in a safe manner.
- Pump Operations I (PSFA –PUOP)
This is a 16-hour course is designed for those who may be beginning the operation of fire department pumps and those who wish to expand their knowledge of fire service pumps and pumping operations. Departments are recommended to send multiple students and their departmental apparatus.
- Pump Operations II (PSFA-PUOA)
This is a 16-hour course is a continuation of Fire Service Pump Operations. This class will focus on the advanced skills for fire service pump operation for those firefighters wishing to perfect their skill as a fire apparatus engineer or qualified pump operator.
How can I register for the Driver/Operator training programs at HACC?
- View Schedules and Register Here!
- Call 717-780-2414 for additional information
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Office of State Fire Academy (OFSC)