What happens if I stop attending or withdraw from a class?
Did you know you may owe funds back to the Federal Government, even if you already received a refund? The Government may recalculate your financial aid due to class withdrawal or lack of class attendance. This could result in a balance due to HACC. You may experience financial holds if you owe a balance to HACC. These holds can prevent you from:
- Registering for classes
- Receiving your grades
- Getting copies of your transcript
When will I receive my financial aid refund?
|Sept. 7, 2023||Initial fall financial aid disbursements start for POT 1 and 2 classes*|
|Sept. 20,2023||Financial aid disbursements start for POT L classes|
|Sept. 21, 2023||Initial disbursement refunds received**|
|Oct. 4, 2023||2nd disbursement refunds received**|
|Nov. 1, 2023||Financial aid disbursements start for POT 3 classes|
|Nov. 15, 2023||Financial aid disbursement refunds received for POT 3 classes**|
HACC applies financial aid to your bill approximately 9 and 11 days after the semester starts. HACC must verify your enrollment before we apply your financial award to your bill.
Fall PA State Grant disbursements occur on or soon after Oct. 24, 2023
*This date is subject to the final passage of the PA Commonwealth Budget and the subsequent receipt of the state funds by HACC.
Your Federal Direct Stafford Loan will pay after you have started your sixth credit. For more information, contact the Financial Aid Office.
Important Note: Disbursement of funds will occur on the evening of the scheduled date.
* Students receiving a loan for only one semester will receive 50% of the loan amount at the initial disbursement and the 2nd 50% as noted.
** Contact your Welcome Center if you do not receive your refund by the specified date. Please do not contact HACC prior to date noted above to ask about your financial aid refund. This slows the refund process.
How can I check my refund status with BankMobile Disbursements?
- Log into your profile.
- Select "Refund Status & History" in the sub-menu listed under the "Refunds" tab.
You can sign up for mobile text alerts to notify you when HACC disperses your refund. BMTX, Inc. will use your selected refund preference to disperse your refund.
What is the refund process?
- It takes about 10 business days for HACC to issue refunds with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc.
- You may see your financial aid and refund disbursement transactions on your HACC account. This does not guarantee the refund process is complete.
- HACC processes financial transactions behind the scenes. We generate the refund file to send to BMTX, Inc.
- If you choose to have your financial aid refund deposited to an existing bank account, it typically takes one-two business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account. If you open a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BMTX, Inc. receives funds from your school.