What happens if I stop attending or withdraw from a class?
Did you know you may owe funds back to the Federal Government, even if you already received a refund? The Government may recalculate your financial aid due to class withdrawal or lack of class attendance. This could result in a balance due to HACC. You may experience financial holds if you owe a balance to HACC. These holds can prevent you from:
- Registering for classes
- Receiving your grades
- Getting copies of your transcript
When will I receive my financial aid refund?
|Feb. 13, 2024
|Initial spring financial aid refunds received for full-term and first seven-week classes**
|Financial aid refunds received for late-start classes**
|April 9, 2024
|Financial aid disbursement refunds received for second seven-week classes**
Spring PA State Grant disbursements occur on or soon after Feb. 20, 2024 for students who meet State Grant eligibility requirements. If you are taking a full-term and second seven-week classes, your eligibility will not be considered until April 2024.For more information, contact the Financial Aid Office
* Students receiving a loan for only one semester will receive two disbursements of loans at 50% each.
** Please do not contact HACC prior to date(s) noted above to ask about your financial aid refund. This slows the refund process.**
If you have questions about your refund preference, or need assistance with activating your BankMobile account, please contact the Cashiering office at email@example.com.
How can I check my refund status with BankMobile Disbursements?
- Log into your profile.
- Select "Refund Status & History" in the sub-menu listed under the "Refunds" tab.
You can sign up for mobile text alerts to notify you when HACC disperses your refund. BMTX, Inc. will use your selected refund preference to disperse your refund.
What is the refund process?
- It takes about 10 business days for HACC to issue refunds with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc.
- You may see your financial aid and refund disbursement transactions on your HACC account. This does not guarantee the refund process is complete.
- HACC processes financial transactions behind the scenes. We generate the refund file to send to BMTX, Inc.
- If you choose to have your financial aid refund deposited to an existing bank account, it typically takes one-two business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account. If you open a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BMTX, Inc. receives funds from your school.