Paying For School

Find Veterans Funding

We understand that the financial aspect of college can be confusing and sometimes complex. We are here to help you understand your options and determine what is best based on your individual needs.

Below are funding options for active military and veterans.

GI Bill®: The VA administers several education programs as set forth by law, Title 38 United States Code. Each program is found in a different chapter of the law and this number is often used to refer to each of the different programs. They also have specific names. Each program provides different benefits for different groups of individuals.

Education Assistance Program for National Guard (EAP)
Together with the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, PHEAA administers this tuition assistance program for students who enter into a service commitment with the Pennsylvania National Guard for a period of 6 years. The program pays up to 100% of the tuition for those in an undergraduate program. To apply for this program, speak to your unit education office. 

Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)
Another program that will help pay tuition for active duty, reserves and some National Guard personnel. This assistance is applied for through your unit education office (Army and Army National Guard personnel must request through GoArmyEd).

Grants and Scholarships: Please fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15 to determine your eligibility for grants and scholarships. Pennsylvania offers veteran preference for the state grant.

Graduation Cap
HACC Credit Scholarships

For students in degree, certificate and diploma programs where credits accrue