Paying For School

Request a Refund

If you overpaid your account, you can request a refund before the current term's main financial aid disbursement date. Learn more about non-financial aid refunds.

Am I eligible for a refund?

You may be eligible for a refund if you:

  • Paid with personal funds without using financial aid. You must have paid in full on or prior to the current term's tuition due date. You must withdraw from classes within the refund period and before drop/add period has closed.
  • Presented a valid Certificate of Residency to HACC for the current fiscal year that resulted in an overpayment on your account. 

How do I request a refund?

Request a refund by completing the Refund Request Form if you meet one of the above criteria. Submit your completed form to your Campus Welcome Center. All refund requests require HACC's approval.

How will I receive my refund?

HACC disperses funds in the following order:

  1. To the credit card used for payment
  2. To the student’s selected refund preference through BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. 
  3. By check (limited circumstances)

Additional Information:

  • HACC will not issue a refund if your account has pending or authorized financial aid. The pending aid must be prior to the applicable term financial aid disbursement date. This is regardless of how the refund was generated.
  • You will not receive any refunds once your account is paid in full unless. If you drop classes within the applicable terms refund period, it is an exception. HACC will not allow you to sign up for the HACC Payment Plan after your account is paid in full.
  • You will not receive any refunds if your account has a balance. This is regardless of whether you submitted payment before the tuition due date for the term.
  • HACC issues all refunds to the student. This is regardless if the student or parent submitted payment —unless payment is made by credit card. We will issue your refund to the paying credit card.
  • HACC will issue a refund to the name on the PLUS loan.
  • There is a ten business day waiting period for payment by check. We will not process any refund associated from a check payment until ten business days have passed.


3rd Party/Employer Contracts:

  • HACC issues Financial Aid Loan-generated refunds to the student during financial aid disbursement. HACC will subtract any charges the contract does not cover. HACC applies grants and scholarships to the cost of attendance. There are few exceptions.
  • HACC will not issue refunds generated from third-party sponsors. We will not issue refunds until the third party receives payment.
  • HACC will withhold and refund questionable charges from financial aid loan funds if paid by a third party. HACC determines questionable charges based on Third Party Agreements. Typically they are items you charge to your account at the bookstore. These may not be paid in accordance with the Third Party Agreement.