Paying For School

Applying for aid

Learn more about applying for financial aid.

How do I apply for financial aid?

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You need to complete the FAFSA every year.

  • You will need a FA ID (Federal Student Aid ID) to electronically sign your FAFSA and access online systems. The FA ID will act as your legal, online signature.
  • At least one parent must apply for a FA ID if you are a dependent student. A PIN allows them to electronically sign your FAFSA.
  • You can complete the FAFSA using the myStudentAid app. Download the myStudentAid app in the Apple App Store or Google Play or online at FAFSA 
    Llene su FAFSA en Español

  • HACC's school code is 003273.

When do I need to submit the FAFSA?
You need to submit your FAFSA every year after Oct. 1 and before Feb.15. This will ensure you are considered for the maximum amount of aid possible including grants, scholarships, loans and work-study.

What happens after I complete the FAFSA?
Once you complete the FAFSA, the government sends the information you provided to three agencies. These agencies are:

  • The Federal Government
    The Federal Government considers you for all types of Federal Grants and Loans.
  • Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA)
    PHEAA serves as the administrator of the Pennsylvania State Grant Program.
  • HACC
    The college you list on the FAFSA form considers you for all institutional scholarships and other funding.

Make sure to regularly check your HAWKMail for updates and other important information from the financial aid office.