HACC Students

How do I access my Veteran's benefits?

1.  Contact HACC's Military and Veteran Affairs Office (MVAO).

  • Set up an appointment to obtain information about Military and Veterans education Benefits eligibility.
  • You may schedule your MVAO appointment on the same day as your placement test.
  • Hours vary based on semester and campus. View MVAO hours and contact information.

2.  Apply for GI Bill® benefits.

  • Apply online at www.gibill.va.gov or https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/
    • Chapter 30, 33, 1606 &1607 —VA form 22-1990
    • Chapter 33 Dependent —VA Form 22-1990E
    • Chapter 35 and Fry scholarship —VA Form 22-5490
    • Chapter 31 Vocation Rehabilitation and Employment should meet with a VR&E counselor
  • Electronically attach DD-214 or NOBE to your application. Do this when applying online.
  • Electronically attach any additional entitlement (e.g. Kicker or College Fund).

3.  Print out the submitted application and a copy of your DD-214 or NOBE.

  • Bring these to your VA briefing appointment or a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE).

4.  Meet with your academic advisor. Register for classes.

5.  Submit the Veterans Benefits Request form (Yellow Sheet) on myHACC.

  • You need to submit a Yellow Sheet every semester. You must also submit a Yellow Sheet when you add or change classes.

What is Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)?

  • FTA is for Army National Guard and All Reserve forces.
  • Apply for FTA each semester through your unit of assignment.
  • Submit your approved paperwork to HACC's MVAO.
  • HACC will bill for the tuition with the approval paperwork.

What is Educational Assistance Program (EAP)?

  • EAP is for National Guard forces.
  • Apply for EAP each year through your unit of assignment. You must apply by June 30 each year.
  • Contact HACC's MVAO every semester to confirm EAP status.
  •  When you submit your Yellow Sheet the MVAO will place a financial hold on your account.


Checklist for Veterans

Download a printer-friendly version of this checklist (pdf).

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.