Can I Get Financial Aid?
The best way to find out is to apply! Many families mistakenly think they won't be eligible for financial aid but most students do qualify for some type of educational funding. Students who wish to apply for financial aid at HACC only need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA form is free, so there's no reason not to apply.
FAFSA is the required application for state, federal and institutional financial aid. This includes grants, scholarships, student employment and loans.
How do I fill out a FAFSA?
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You need to complete the FAFSA every year.
- You will need a FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID ) to electronically sign your FAFSA and access online systems. The FSA ID will act as your legal, online signature.
- At least one parent must apply for a FSA ID if you are a dependent student. A PIN allows them to electronically sign your FAFSA.
- You can complete the FAFSA using the myStudentAid app. Download the myStudentAid app in the Apple App Store or Google Play or online at FAFSA
Llene su FAFSA en Español
- HACC's school code is 003273.
When do I need to submit my FAFSA?
It pays to file early!!
- File your FAFSA every year on or after Oct. 1 and no later than Feb. 15 to be considered for the maximum financial aid possible.
- Some grants are awarded on a first come, first served basis so if you file after Feb. 15 you will not be considered for those funds.
- If you file the FAFSA after Feb.15, you may still be considered for the Federal PELL grant and Federal Direct Loans.
- PA State Grant (administered through PHEAA)
- If you are a current HACC student and want to renew your PA State Grant, you must complete the FAFSA by May 1.
- If you are a new college student and want to be considered for the PA State Grant, you must complete the FAFSA by Aug. 1.
- If you are planning on attending the Spring/Summer 2022 semesters; you will need to complete the 2021-22 FAFSA.
- If you are planning on attending the Fall 2022 and Spring/Summer 2023 semesters; you will need to complete the 2022-23 FAFSA.
We encourage families to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool to download financial figures into the FAFSA. This handy tool works after the tax return has been submitted electronically to the IRS. If you file a paper tax return, you must wait approximately 8-10 weeks to use the IRS tool.