If you are enrolled in a HACC diploma, certificate or degree program, you may be able to get transfer credits. HACC transcript evaluation allows students to earn HACC transfer credits for coursework you completed at other institutions. Learn about transcript evaluation.
What kind of transcript do I need to provide HACC?
HACC only reviews official transcripts of enrolled students. The records official at the other institution must officially authorize your transcript.
Your other institution will do one of the following:
- Send your official college transcript directly to HACC's Office of the Registrar.
- Provide you with an official transcript in a sealed envelope. You must deliver it unopened to HACC's Office of Registrar.
Will my courses transfer?
Transfer of credits to HACC depends on where you took your courses:
- Regionally-accredited schools —Courses are generally transferable if they are equivalent in content to HACC courses.
- PDE-approved, but not regionally-accredited, institutions —You must successfully complete 12 credit hours at HACC before we can evaluate your official transcripts for transfer credit.
- Non-accredited institutions —HACC awards transfer credits on a limited basis.'
- For an unofficial list of transfer courses HACC may accept, please visit the transfer credit search tool.
What grade do I need to achieve for the credit to transfer?
HACC will award you transfer credit if you earned a:
- Letter grade of A, B or C
- P or S for Physical Education credit. P or S grades must be the equivalent of a C or above.
Do my grades and GPA transfer to HACC?
The grades and GPA you earned at other colleges do not transfer. They are not part of your permanent record at HACC.
What do I need to do if I studied at a foreign institution?
HACC can only review your transcript from a foreign institution if:
- You submit an English translation.
- A HACC-approved credential evaluation service reviews it. Many HACC students use World Education Services (WES). WES applications are available at the WES website.
Can my military experience and training count as transfer credit to HACC?
HACC can evaluate your military experience and training for transfer credit. You must submit:
- A DD-214 or DD-295 form
- An AARTS, SMART or CCAF transcript for a more comprehensive evaluation. HACC prefers AARTS, SMART and CCAF transcripts.
Can I earn credits for standardized exams?
You can earn credit for achieving specific scores on various standardized exams. These include CLEP tests, Advanced Placement tests and Excelsior exams.
Find out which tests and scores are acceptable for transfer credit:
- Contact the Office of the Registrar at 717-780-2373
- Email the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I earn credits for previous training or experience?
HACC Credit by Exam allows you to earn credit for previous training or experience. It is similar to a comprehensive final exam. Credit by Exam is available for many HACC courses.
How many credits can I transfer to HACC?
You can transfer a maximum of 45 credits. You may apply no more than 30 credits by exam toward the 45 credits transferred.
Who can I contact for more information?
Office of the Registrar