Forms and Links for Disability Services
Accommodation Letter Requests
If you are a current SAS student wishing to request your accommodation letter be sent, please begin by logging into Accommodate.
- Accommodate can be found at: https://hacc-accommodate.symplicity.com/students/index.php?tabmode=list
- The user name and password are the same as for your myHACC account.
- There is also a YouTube video to demonstrate the process for you. The video can be found here.
- Please reach out with questions or for assistance with this process for contact information
- If you have not done an intake with Student Access Services, please fill out this form.
Student Access Services has created a college-wide testing request form and process. Faculty will fill out this form. Now more than ever, it is important that you communicate with your faculty about your testing accommodation needs at the start of the semester. If you have difficulty, please contact your SAS Coordinator .
Here is how the form and process will work:
- Faculty request a need for a live proctor: Faculty Instructions for Academic Make-up Test & SAS Accommodated Testing - HACC Testing - LibGuides at Harrisburg Area Community College
- Five days notice is needed to make proctoring arrangements.
- Faculty will receive a confirmation email.
- Students will need to log in to Accommodate to choose a testing time and location.
- Information including steps and how to videos are available at here.
To serve all students at each campus location equitably, SAS accommodated exams with a reader and scribe proctor will occur with a remote HACC proctor. Students are able to come to Campus Test Centers and the HACC proctor will remote to the campus test center via Zoom. All proctoring arrangements are to follow the above proctor request instructions.
Either self-referral or referral by a caring employee for ADA or Title IX Pregnancy and Parenting can be done by completing this form.
Student Access Services (SAS) Survival Guide
Student Access Services created the SAS Survival Guide to help students learn and navigate all of the various helping supports at HACC.
SAS will continue to update this guide with new information as it becomes available.
The links below include information about rights and responsibilities for students served by Student Access Services as well as links to HACC's Shared Governance Policy documents related to services and accommodations.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities Document (pdf)
- SGP 501 - Access and Support for Students with Disabilities - Policy (pdf)
- SGP 501 - Access and Support for Students with Disabilities - Handbook (pdf)
- SGP 113 - Service Animals Handbook (pdf)
It is important that you know you have rights and protections. If you feel you those rights are not being protected, please review the below information links.
- Learn about Title IX Pregnancy and Parenting protections and rights: https://thepregnantscholar.org/
- Office of Civil Rights Disability Discrimination: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/frontpage/pro-students/disability-pr.html
- Supporting the Academic Success of Pregnant and Parenting Students: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/pregnancy.html#_Toc3
- To learn how to file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/complaintintro.html
- Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, enforces PA’s civil rights. To learn more: https://www.phrc.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx
- To File a complaint: https://www.phrc.pa.gov/Complaints/Pages/default.aspx