Fund for Excellence in STEAM
With funding from generous donors like Mrs. Paxton, HACC can accomplish amazing things. HACC’s talented employees are dedicated to ensuring that the College offers cutting-edge STEAM programs for our students.
The John E. Paxton and Gloria W. Paxton Fund for Excellence in STEAM will be used to implement the following projects:
- Banner Analysis, Configuration, and Testing to Support the One College Reorganization – We will use $381,077.61 to implement enhancements within the College’s customer relationship management system.
- Developing Critical Speaking and Presentation Skills – We will use $185,000 to enhance the technology in HACC’s Communication 101 classrooms.
- Geospatial Technology Across the Curriculum – We will use $165,900 to support a four-phase project to offer geospatial technology to professors at HACC.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Enhance Online Student Success and Engagement – We will use $150,000 to support an AI-supported inquiry-based learning discussion protocol to improve critical thinking and engagement of students.
- Remote Instruction and Online Course Access for HACC Students (including Crisis Response) – We will use $145,000 to purchase technology and services that will allow students to receive remote instruction and services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Open Educational Resources (OER) Committee - STEAM Faculty – We will use $73,500 to promote and incentivize faculty to adopt, adapt, or create OER for students.
- Semester Loan Laptops and Calculators for the Learning Commons – We will use $42,356.32 to purchase additional calculators and laptops for students to borrow from HACC’s libraries.
- Introduction to PC Technology and Installing and Troubleshooting PC’s Modernization – We will use $31,212.70 to update the technology in labs at HACC’s Harrisburg and Lancaster campuses. These changes will support the Computer Information Systems, Computer Networking Technology, and Electronic Engineering Technology programs at HACC.
- Next Generation Task Force Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Initiative – We will use $30,000 to purchase the PLA Accelerator, an online tool that guides students through the process of documenting their work and learning experiences.
- HACC STEAM Learning: Building a Foundation for Virtual and Augmented Reality – We will use $19,190.78 to help create greater awareness and education of STEAM programs at HACC.
- Student Media Initiative Fall 2019 Application – We will use $18,278.60 to create an interdisciplinary and web-based collegewide student newspaper.
- Graphic and Interactive Design - Contemporary Portable Workspace (iPad pro) – We will use $14,208 to purchase equipment for HACC’s graphic and interactive design students.
- Canon EOS 5DS R DSLR Camera – We will use $7,481.79 to purchase equipment for HACC’s photography students.