Mental Health Resources
Help for Students in Need
Students in Crisis
- A “crisis” is defined as a situation in which a student is a potential danger to themselves or others.
- If you are in crisis:
- The safety of a person in crisis takes precedence, and our security personnel are trained in handling emergency situations.
- If the student is not in immediate danger, consider more discreet ways to get that person the appropriate help.
Mental Health Counseling and Resources
HACC will pay for up to three counseling sessions per semester for a student in need of services. Our partner agency, Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP Services, Inc. provides comprehensive clinical mental health services to HACC students who are currently participating in a HACC program..
This agreement allows students to access:
- A robust, national network of licensed and insured therapists
- Confidential help for a variety of mental health concerns, including depression, anxiety, stress and relationship issues
- Options for face-to-face, telephonic and on-demand virtual counseling
- Triage services 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Get help now! Contact Mazziti & Sullivan to access these services:
- Call 1-800-543-5080 to speak to someone 24/7 or to schedule an appointment.
- Call 1-855-264-3248 if you use TeleTYpe (TTY)/Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD.)
- Go to https://www.mseap.com/get-started/individual/.
- Type in "HACC Student" in the "Employer Name" field.
- Complete the form.
- Click the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page.
- Expect your message to be returned by the next business day.
Additional Online Materials
- Go to mseap.com.
- Click on "Member Login."
- Enter "HACCSTU" in the sign-in section.
- Browse materials related to mental health, emotional well-being, financial wellness and more.
Below are additional resources to which anyone can refer a student.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
The Lifeline provides free and confidential support 24/7 for people in distress, as well as offers resources for prevention and crisis mitigation.
- The Trevor Lifeline (Suicide Prevention for LGBTQ Youth) -866-4-U-TREVOR ( 1-866-488-7386)
- T.W. Ponessa Counseling Services
To schedule an appointment, please call 800-437-5405
Harrisburg - 900 N 6th Street, Harrisburg, PA
Lancaster - 410 North Prince Street, Lancaster, PA
Lebanon - 15 South 9th Street, Lebanon, PA
York - 160 Roosevelt Ave., York, PA
- CDC-INFO (Formerly known as the CDC National STD and AIDS Hotline) -1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636)
- Veterans’ Suicide Prevention Lifeline -1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255), press 1
- Treatment Referral Hotline (Substance Abuse) -1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline -1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673) - 24-hour online hotline: https://ohl.rainn.org/online/
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline - 1-866-331-9474 or text START to 741-741
- Dauphin County Crisis Intervention - 717-232-7511 or 888-596-4447
Any individual who is having a crisis may call the Dauphin County Crisis Intervention Emergency Health Service.
- Lancaster County Behavioral Health and Development Services - 717-394-2631
24-hour service to persons experiencing frightening desperation, loss of control or suicidal thoughts; includes phone hotline, walk-in and outreach
- Lebanon Mental Health Services - 717-274-3415
Offers case management services, provides intake, assessment and coordination of the various psychological services
- York and Gettysburg Counties Wellspan Health Behavioral Crisis Intervention - 717-851-5320 or 800-673-2496
For crisis/emergency situations. Offers 24-hour crisis counseling that individuals may access either through a toll-free telephone number or face-to-face interview at Gettysburg and York Hospital Emergency Departments
Domestic Violence/Rape Crisis
- Lebanon Domestic Violence Intervention - 717-273-7191
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - 800-799-SAFE
- Rape Crisis and Domestic Violence Services - 800-654-1211
- RAINN: Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network - 800-656-HOPE
- Sexual Assault Resource & Counseling Center (SARCC) Lebanon - 717-272-5308
- Lancaster Domestic Violence - 717-299-1249
- York Victim Assistance Center - 717-854-3131
- York ACCESS York - 717-846-5400
Drug and Alcohol
HACC’s CARE Center
HACC’s Consultation, Advocacy, Referrals and Empowerment (CARE) Center a single stop where students can go for assistance with non-academic challenges. This is a free resource available to all current HACC students.