The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) helps veterans make the transition to college life by offering the VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) program. We are the only college in Pennsylvania participating in the VetSuccess on Campus program,
This program was created to help serve veterans on college campuses by:
- Serving as a liaison between the veteran and departments in the VA.
- Helping provide support and assistance in the pursuit of your educational and employment goals.
- Helping prepare you to enter the workforce in viable careers.
Additionally, The VITAL Program is available to all Veteran Students. The Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership (VITAL) program strives to enhance academic retention and success through:
- On-campus clinical care and coordination
- Improving understanding of Veterans' unique strengths and challenges through education and training delivered to the campus community
- Collaborating with the local VA medical center, the Veterans Benefits Administration, campus faculty and staff members, and community resources
To learn more about the VetSuccess Program or VITAL, please email Gail Hrobuchak or call her at 717-376-9915. Her office is located in room 206 of the Bruce E. Cooper Student Center on the Harrisburg Campus.