Human Services / Social Services / Addiction & Recovery Services
Do you have a passion for helping people? Are you interested in motivating people to make positive changes in their lives? In our programs, we teach practical theory-based skills to prepare you for the human services profession.
For more information:
- Social Services, Associate in Arts (5060) (Transfer)
- Human Services, Associate in Applied Science (5556)
- Addiction & Recovery Services, Associate in Applied Science (5516)
- Download Estimated Expenses (pdf) for HUMS programs.
How do I apply for the practicum (HUMS 215)?
- All students who are entering HUMS 215 Field Work Practicum must submit any clearances required by the practicum site, such as a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Check, and State Police Criminal Record Check, at the student’s expense, prior to starting the course.
- HACC will make every effort to allow students to complete their program of study but cannot require facilities to accept students for practicum.
HUMS 215 Field Work Practicum course – Complete this Intent to Enroll form to start the process of enrolling in Practicum. Please note the new deadlines below for submitting the Intent to Enroll and the required documents. Students must meet the listed deadlines for each term to enroll in HUMS 215.
If you completed the Intent to Enroll for a prior semester, you must submit a new Intent to Enroll, Learning Contract and Educational Plan, and Degree Evaluation to prepare to register for Practicum.
- Summer Practicum: Intent to Enroll due by April 1; Documents are due by May 1
- Fall Practicum Intent to Enroll due by July 1; Documents due by Aug. 1
- Spring 2023 Intent to Enroll due by Nov. 1; Documents due by Dec. 15
News & Events
Download the following for additional information:
Program Effectiveness Data 2014-19
- Human Services Student Handbook, (pdf)
- Human Services Library (Lib) Guide - This guide contains resources for students in the Human Services and Social Services majors, including Reference Resources, Books, Journals, Web Sites, Statistics, Career Information, HUMS 215 Field Work Practicum, and Citing Sources in APA format.
- KeepKidsSafe.PA.gov (information hub for child protection)
- Ethical Standards for Human Services Professionals (NOHS)
Spring 2016 Survey Reports
- Graduate Survey Report (pdf)
- Employer Survey Report (pdf)
- Student Survey Report (pdf)
- Faculty Survey Report (pdf)
- National Association of Social Workers (PA Chapter)
- National Organization for Human Services
- https://addiction-counselor.org/careers-salary 2019 Counselor Career Options and Salary by State resource
Who can I contact for more information?
Wendy D. Bratina, Ed.D.