Human Services/Social Services
Learn about the Human Services Associate in Applied Science and Social Services Associate in Arts Degrees.
Apply for the HUMS 215 Field Work Practicum course - the Intent to Enroll is online using Survey Monkey – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HUMS_215_Intent. Contact Sherrill Goodlive - email@example.com for questions.
What do human service professionals do?
Human service professionals:
- Provide direct service to clients in a variety of community-based social service agencies
- Advocate for clients within the community
- Perform administrative tasks such as grant writing and fund raising
Where do human service professionals work?
Human services professionals work in a variety of settings. These include:
- family services agencies
- women’s programs
- rehabilitation centers for alcohol dependency
- services for people with intellectual disabilities
How much does the program cost?
Download Estimated Expenses (pdf) for HUMS programs.
What degree will I earn?
Upon successful completion you will:
- Earn a Human Services Associate in Applied Science Degree or a Social Services Associate in Arts Degree
What are the required courses and what is the suggested schedule? How long does the program take to complete? Where are the classes held?
Download the appropriate list for your program:
What are the program admission criteria and how do I apply for the practicum (HUMS 215)?
This program is selective. Admission to the college does not guarantee admission to the practicum – HUMS 215.
- All students who are entering HUMS 215 Field Work Practicum must submit any clearances required by the Practicum site, such as a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Check, and State Police Criminal Record Check, at the student’s expense, prior to starting the course.
- HACC will make every effort to allow students to complete their program of study in the Human Services/Social Services fields but cannot require facilities to accept student for practicum.
- Apply for the HUMS 215 Field Work Practicum course - the Intent to Enroll is online using Survey Monkey – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HUMS_215_Intent. Contact Melinda Eash at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Are the programs accredited?
The Social Services AA and the Human Services AAS program (General Track) is accredited by the Council for Standards in Human Service Education (CSHSE)
3337 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Can I advance my education in this field?
- The Human Services Associate degree program leads directly to an occupation.
- The Social Services degree is intended to transfer to a four-year institution to pursue a bachelor’s degree. The top schools our students transfer to are:
- Shippensburg University
- Elizabethtown College
- University Of Phoenix
- Millersville University Of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania State University
Download the following for additional information:
Program Effectiveness Data 2014-2019
Spring 2016 Survey Reports
College Data Book
How can I get more information?
Who can I contact for more information?
Contact the Program Director - Sherrill Goodlive - email@example.com - 717-780-2505