Nurse Aide Certificate - Non-Credit (0007)
Nurse aides are compassionate individuals who want to help those in need. At HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, we will help you meet your career goal in this 120-hour program. Our program is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Jump to career information below!
COVID-19 Immunization Requirements of Clinical Facilities
With a certificate, you will be able to complete basic tasks required to care for patients in:
- Long term care facilities
- Other healthcare facilities
- Rehabilitation centers
Under the supervision of a nurse, you may:
- Assist clients with bathing, dressing, feeding, toileting
- Provide care and assist clients who cannot care for themselves
- Measure and record vital signs
- Care for clients with catheters
- Provide range of motion exercises
- Transport clients in wheelchairs
- Make beds
- Provide infection control and safety awareness
- Provide post-mortem care
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Our program is intense but satisfying. You can complete the program in 18 days depending on which class you choose.
100% attendance is required for the classroom and lab portion of the program. You cannot be absent at any time from the first day of class (Orientation Day) up through the start of clinical. Any clinical time missed must be made up. You must score at least a 75 percent on each written exam to receive the certificate of completion. The recommended study time is 30 minutes for every hour of class. You should expect to study for three-and-a-half hours after seven hours of class.
We design the program to prepare you to take the Pennsylvania State Certification Exam for Nurse Aides and the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) exam (administered by Credentia). You must be at least 16 years old to take this exam.
Additionally, the following are requirements of you prior to the start of class and are at your own expense:
- Physical examination
- ACT 14: Request for Criminal Record Check – Pennsylvania State Police
- Flu immunization if enrolled in a class between October and March
- Two-Step PPD (Tuberculin) Test
- FBI clearances (required if you are not a resident of Pa. for the past two consecutive years or have been convicted of an offense outside of Pa.)
For more details about the program, please download our information packet (pdf). It includes general information, admission criteria, essential qualifications, and the nurse aide health examination form (pdf) must be completed.
- View summaries of our noncredit courses at HACC by browsing our schedule.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Upon completing your certificate, you can continue your education and earn an associate degree at HACC! Our healthcare programs, among others, may be of interest.
When you complete your associate degree, you can transfer HACC credits to a four-year school.
We offer on-site training at many locations throughout Pennsylvania. But you can complete our course at our Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York campuses.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, scholarships are available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
Please view the schedules listed under “Where can I complete this program?” to determine when it is best to apply and select the class in which you have interest in. You may register here and please have your Visa or MasterCard ready.
Future students, we are excited to connect with you and answer your questions. Please choose the option that works best for you to meet with us.
Current HACC students, please contact our Advising Department with any questions.