CONGRATULATIONS & WELCOME TO HACC!
Welcome to HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College! We are very excited you have chosen HACC to help meet your educational goals!
Make your college experience of getting started successfully, YOURS! This New Student Orientation (NSO) resource site contains information and links you will find helpful as you begin at HACC and throughout your educational experience.This website was created for families and students so you can easily access this information as often as you need it. Best wishes for a successful college experience at HACC!
We are looking forward to getting to you know you and having the opportunity to work with you while you are completing your educational goals and beyond.New Student Orientation is designed for families and students to ease the transition into HACC and help prepare you for academic and personal success. During orientation we shared many procedures and resources that you'll want to familiarize yourself with in order to be a successful student at HACC.
Types of programs:
At HACC, you can choose from nearly 200 fields of study. For information about all the academic programs at HACC, visit Academic Programs at HACC.
Degree programs at HACC include General Education Core Requirements. View a complete list of core requirements here.
HACC programs are grouped into the following four types of programs:
- Transfer Associate - Approximately 30 programs for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university after HACC [61 or more credits]
- Career Associate - Approximately 70 programs for students to learn a professional skill that will result in an associate degree and ability to seek immediate employment [61 or more credits]
- Certificate - Approximately 60 programs for students who want to focus on an occupational skill [30 or more credits]
- Diploma - Approximately 30 programs for students who generally have a working knowledge in the field of study and want to enhance their technical job skills [15 or more credits]
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of student educational records. FERPA states that student information related to financial aid, advising, and grades may not be shared without written consent. Find more information FERPA here.
You must complete a Student Information Release Form (FERPA) (pdf) if you would like any of this information released.
Information on using HACC's technology: Technology Guide for Students (pdf). Topics include:
- www.hacc.edu: HACC's official college website
- MyHACC: HACC's portal to HACCWeb, D2L, HAWKMail, and more
- HACCWeb:Used for registering and paying for classes, checking grades and financial aid, ordering transcripts, and much more
- Desire2Learn (D2L): HACC's online course system used for virtual, blended and many face-to-face courses
- HAWKMail: HACC's official email used to share info on registration, academic status, financial aid, course offerings, faculty info, and much more
- e2Campus: HACC's official system used to share important messages with students [This is voluntary]
Accessing HAWKMail YouTube Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZxeUZJgyos
Forwarding HAWKMail YouTube Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddsRt3ggLU