Entrepreneurship - Diploma (0276)
Do you have an interest in working for yourself, setting your own hours, and/or determining your own income level? Entrepreneurship can be one of the greatest expressions of your individuality and creativity. Our Entrepreneurship diploma is designed to help you reach your educational goals in one semester!
After you complete our diploma, you are prepared to execute a start-up plan or expand your own existing business. Or you may enter a government enterprise or non-profit organization.
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Our diploma prepares you to recognize the role that entrepreneurship plays in the diverse world from personal self-assessment through the creation and presentation of a feasibility study. Our curriculum provides you with the knowledge and skills needed to become an entrepreneur in a start-up business, an existing business, government or a non-profit organization, such as marketing, management and finance that lead to the creation of a sound business plan. You also have the opportunity to select one program elective in a focused area.
This curriculum is designed to prepare students to:
- Identify various ways that entrepreneurship can provide opportunities for navigating the business environment in the 21st century
- Recognize problems as opportunities that lead to innovative solutions
- Investigate business practices and opportunities, which promote sustainability in the global community
- Identify societal changes and their impact on business through the lens of inclusion and diversity in entrepreneurial endeavors
- Evaluate basic financial information for business decision making
- Create a comprehensive business plan
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
This diploma is designed to lead directly into the workforce. However, you may be able to have your credits articulate into HACC’s Business AAS degree. Then, when you complete your associate degree, you may continue your education and transfer your credits to a four-year school.
For your convenience, you can complete the diploma entirely online.
Yes! We offer many scholarships through the HACC Foundation. Each scholarship has specific eligibility requirements. To learn how to apply, please visit hacc.edu/Scholarships.
You can complete spring, summer and fall classes at HACC. Submit your application anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, make sure to include the specific program code 0276. By using this code, you will ensure you are applying for the correct program.
Future students, we are excited to connect with you and answer your questions. Please choose the option that works best for you to meet with us.
Current HACC students, please contact our Advising Department with any questions.