Business - Associate in Applied Science (AAS) (1516)
Do you want to play a key role in the success of an organization? Are you a natural leader who enjoys solving problems while keeping an eye on the future? If you’re interested in business, our Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in business can put you on the right path to a rewarding career.
Your associate degree will enable you to find an entry-level position in your specific area of study:
Accounting: employment opportunities can be found in accounting firms, banks, private industry and government service;
Management: employment positions such as assistant manager, general manager, office manager, purchasing agent, sales manager, operations manager or service manager are available;
Marketing: entry-level positions in sales, advertising, retailing, wholesaling, physical distribution, market research, marketing management, insurance, real estate and related fields are available;
General Business: entry-level positions in retailing, manufacturing, healthcare, hospitality management, real estate, agribusiness, and entrepreneurial opportunities are available.
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
This program is designed to provide you with skills necessary to enter the workforce in entry-level positions within business as well as provide upward mobility in a variety of business settings. You will be able to choose from one of four concentrated areas of study: Accounting, Management, Marketing or General Business.
No matter which direction you choose, you will:
- Prepare and deliver oral and written presentations on business concepts in various disciplines, consistent with professional standards
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative methods of collecting, processing, and analyzing information and data to make informed business and career decisions
- Identify legal and ethical forces that impact organizational decision making
- Make organizational decisions by applying and integrating knowledge or each functional area including: legal, economic, accounting, marketing and management
- Successfully interact in group-settings
- Identify how diversity impacts the functioning of the local, national and global business environment
- Use appropriate business software and technologies
- Use various resources including library resources and databases, to access and extract information appropriate for business
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accredits our AAS in business. Since 1992, ACBSP is the only nationally recognized organization that grants regional accreditation to two- and four-year schools. For more information about HACC’s accreditation, you may go to: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?q=harrisburg&s=all&id=212878. Find graduate data information here (pdf).
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Yes! Our program is designed so you may transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
Please see transfer options below.
|Central Penn College:||Business to Accounting (pdf)|
The complete program is available entirely online.. You may also complete this program at the Harrisburg, Lancaster and York campuses. However, to fulfill the program requirements, you will need to take more than 51% of your required coursework through multiple modalities (e.g. Blended, Online and/or Remote Learning).
Yes! We offer many scholarships through the HACC Foundation. Each scholarship has specific eligibility requirements. To learn how to apply, please visit hacc.edu/Scholarships.
Conveniently YOURS, you can apply anytime online. We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall terms.
When you submit your application, please include program code 1516 which is specific to this Business Studies Program. Using this code ensures you apply to the correct program.
Future students, we are excited to connect with you and answer your questions. Please choose the option that works best for you to meet with us.
Current HACC students, please contact our Advising Department with any questions.
Start YOUR Business Career at HACC
The business programs at HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, allow you to enter the workforce immediately upon program completion or transfer your credits to a four-year institution.
Get to Know YOUR HACC Business Faculty
The Business Program faculty at HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, bring real-world experiences to the classroom.
Meet Stephanie: Juggles Two Jobs and School
“Every professor I have had so far has made me feel like their goal is to ensure my success.”
“We help create jobs, we help sustain jobs, we help improve jobs, we help facilitate jobs. HACC is a link for anyone and anywhere.” – Adam Walter, M.S., accounting faculty member